Thread: Unexplained

Unexplained

when ever i run adware 6 after the message in the picture. i can not seem to find any answer fo it

what kind of answer do you want?

Adaware quarentined a file. its such a bad piece of maleware norton lists it as a virus. when adaware foucused the computers attention on the file to move it to quaentine nortons real time protection picked it up.

the same thing happens when you run a manual scan with norton. as soon as the system moves the file you get a 'real time' pop-up alert. i dont know who's quarentine gets final custody but i imagine it would be norton's.

to add to what SwordFish_13 said (i didn't notice the 'virus name:' ) many packers are listed as droppers and do not have to contain an actual "virus" to be flaged by norton
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

try disabling norton first then open ad-aware, open quarantine, delete everything in quarantine list, enable norton > full system scan

AntiOnline n00b
    hi

Tedob1 is right it is a malware

But It is not A Quarantine object. Quarantine Objects are stored in Quarantine Folder. The cache folder is Used to Store Temperaorly during a scan it is Deleted after a scan. Now the Norton AutoProtect is interfearing with the live scan of AD-Aware because AD- Aware is Trying to access/open a malware to Quarantine which Nortons AutoProtect is detecting as a virus . I have the Same problem with TrojanRemover and AGV whenever i leave the Resident Shield of AVG running and scan with TR and if TR tries to access a triojan for scanning the AVG gives a Alert. If this problem occures every time Stop the AV Auto-protect Before Using the AD-Aware. And don't forget to enable after-wards otherwise your system will not be Automatecally Protected.

--Good Luck--

btw.. I deleted my abouve post it -- i thaught it was unnessaryly taking up spcae sorry about that

I would recommend running AdAware and SpyBot S&D in safe mode , so the AV doesn't boot. Some AV won't turn off in task manager............it is a defence against malware that tries to kill it? (haven't used Norton for a long time so I am not sure how it behaves)

The discovery of malware when another utility tries to open it is quite common, I have encountered it with AVG, DrWeb and E-trust. It seems to be more with trojans and adware than actual viruses, AVs just don't seem to be as good with trojans

As you use AdAware, I would recommend that you also get the AAWCloak software to protect it from stuff that tries to switch it off.

Good luck

I experienced this problem also, but try to disabling the AV first before I continue scanning the adware in my PC... I'm using Sweeper.