Thread: for those born BEFORE the 80's

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar

Talking for those born BEFORE the 80's

And to make it worse, I pre-date ALL of these, I just can't remember much about my childhood, just that there was no colour, and everything was in black and white ?????
    Crisps had one flavour - potato !!
    sherbet foutains
    I didn't grow up in a two car household, it wasn't even a two car STREET.
    Enough already

JUST IN CASE YOU WERE FEELING YOUNG TODAY...

„« The people who are starting University this autumn across the nation were born in 1985/6.
    „« They have no meaningful recollection of the Thatcher era.
    „« They were prepubescent when the 1st Gulf War started.
    „« Black Monday 1987 is as significant to them as the Great Depression.
    „« Their world has always included AIDS.
    „« Atari's and Space Invaders predate them, as do vinyl albums and audio tapes.
    „« The Compact Disc was released before they were one.

EVEN WORSE...

„« From their earliest years, a camera was something you used once and threw away.

„« A "Snickers" has always been a "Snickers"

„« As far as they know, stamps have always cost about 26 pence.

„« Few, if any, have lived without an answering machine.

„« Few have used a TV set without a remote control and they don't know they come in black and white.

„« They were born after Sony brought out the Walkman.

„« The expression "you sound like a broken record" means nothing to them.

YOU'RE PROBABLY AGED late 20's to 40 IF...

„« You wore a Kagoul

„« You remember Le Freak by Chic and Bad Manners' Can-Can.

„« At school, you and all your friends discussed elaborate plans to get together again at the end of the century and play "1999" by Prince over and over again.

„« You dressed to emulate a person you saw in a Duran Duran, AHA, Madonna or Bruce Springsteen video.

„« There was nothing strange about Eric n' Ernie living together.

„« You even wanted to learn to play "Stairway to Heaven" on the guitar and choreographed "Dancing Queen" by yourself in your room.

„« The first time you ever kissed someone was at a dance during "Crazy for You" by Madonna.

„« You knew who shot J.R. (but have probably forgotten!).

„« You remember which policeman you liked best in "Chips".

„« Mark from Eastenders will always be Tucker from Grange Hill/Tucker's Luck.

„« You remember when Terry Wogan was on TV everyday.

„« You could sing "99 Red Balloons" in English and in German.

„« You reckon Wagon wheels and Mars Bars used to be bigger.

„« You remember a 'Man's got to chew, what a Man's got to chew'.

„« You remember when there was no breakfast TV and when TV shut down at midnight, and when there was nothing on TV in the middle of the day except for that test card girl with the stupid clown and a blackboard.

„« You remember Farleys rusks tasting nice, but when you had one about 5 years ago they were bloody awful!!

„« One word.....SPANGLES!!!

YOU WERE A TRUE CHILD OF THE 80S IF...

„« You remember Now compilations that had the pig on the front cover.

„« You never questioned why the A-Team was always imprisoned in places that had sufficient tools to build an armoured tank.

„« Dungeons & Dragons was your favourite cartoon

„« Your lunch times were spent perfecting swan dives and backspins.

„« You've ever said "bright light, bright light" in a strange high-pitched voice.

„« You know the theme tune and the names of all the actors and characters in Dallas & Dynasty.

„« You ever wished your hair/clothes/lifestyle resembled the above (or they actually did!).

„« You fell out with friends during heated arguments about the relative merits of Matt & Luke.

„« You owned, or wanted a "Frankie says..." T-shirt.

„« You have ever danced (or even worse cried) to Kylie & Jason.

„« Cerise pink, electric blue and banana yellow have ever featured in your wardrobe or make-up collection.

„« You ever did the top toggle of your coat up around your neck without having your arms in the sleeves, and knew you looked like a super-hero.

„« You remember when the AHA video was the pinnacle of modern technology, and you can still sing all the words. Parachuting Action man was your favourite toy.

„« (Girls) Your best party dress was either a ra-ra or puff-ball skirt.

„« (Boys) You ever owned a thin, black leather tie (and were proud of it), or worse it was patterned like a piano!

„« You wondered why a popular kids TV programme told you to "Turn off your TVset and go and do something less boring instead".

„« You wanted to be either Nancy Drew or the Hardy Boys.

„« You have ever po-goed or space-hopped.

„« You remember when Keith Chegwin & Maggie Philbin were the hottest romantic couple...And when Keith was associated with Cheggers Plays Pop rather than Cheggers drinks alcopops.

„« You wondered why your walkie-talkie didn't have the same range as those in the Red Hand Gang.

„« You were shocked by the controversial plot lines in Degrassi Junior High.

„« You remember watching a house inhabited by a jester, a pantomime horse,and a woman who sneezed, and thinking that this was perfectly normal.

„« You know who Joey Deacon was.

„« You thought ABBA were cool, the first time round!

„« You tried to convince your Dad to fit a strip of red lights on the front of his Capri so it looked like KITT.

„« "Ca-vey Wa-vey!" means anything to you.

„« Remmington makes you think of something other than shaving equipment.

„« You wouldn't say no to a milkshake

„« You've ever had more than 10 sweets in a 10p mix-up.

„« Not only did you wear luminous clothing, but they were mismatched finger-less gloves and towelling socks.

„« When Yoda said "There is another Skywalker" you wished he was talking about you.

„« Wearing your hair like buns on the sides of your head seemed like a good fashion statement.

„« You remember when Betamax was at the cutting edge of technology

„« You hid behind the sofa whenever you heard the word Exterminate.

„« Vimto or Dandelion & Burdoch ever featured in your diet.

„« You were really pleased when Pacman got a girlfriend.

„« You grew up believing that filing cabinets and telephone boxes possessed magical powers of transformation.

„« After ET, you wanted a Speak & Spell even though you were top of your class

„« You remember when PC had one meaning, rather than three.

„« (Girls) You owned a pair of Pixie Boots, generally worn with leg warmers!

„« (Boys) You owned a pair of pale grey slip-ons, generally worn with white toweling socks!

„« Shiny grey flecked suits.

„« You grew up in Trumpton, Chigley or Camblewick Green.

„« You've rolled the sleeves of your suit jacket up

„« Ooh, you could crush a Grape!

„« You've ever held a chicken in the air, or stuck a deckchair up your nose.

„« You went to school with Pogo Patterson, Gripper Stebson, and Ro-land.

„« Long scarves, K9, and a time-travelling police box ring any bells.

„« Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy have ever featured on your Saturday afternoon

„« You wore legwarmers, tried to do the splits while jumping in the air, while singing you were going to live forever.

„« Fingermouse

„« You were proud of your picture appearing in the Gallery, just before watching a lump of plasticine who couldn't speak English.

„« You fantasised about those girls from that Robert Palmer video.

„« You know all the words to Hey Mickey (well nobody knows past the first verse anyway).

„« You remember Look In magazine, and when it was only 20p

„« You can remember what Quatro tasted like.

„« Your best mate had a soda stream at home and you were jealous.

„« You remember mobile phones that had briefcase size battery packs attached

You remember mobile phones that had briefcase size battery packs attached
    I still own one. Thanks for making me feel old.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

You can remember what Quatro tasted like.
    as far as I know I'm the only person who actually liked the aforementioned drink - I was devastated when they stopped selling it

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Wagon wheel's swere def bigger, not forgetting the grolsch bottle tops worn on doc martins with skin tight, ripped, badly faded 501's

Thoses were the godd old days............ I think!
    -:s33ka:-
    Be pure, Be Clean,
    Behave....

Well i'm glad that i was born just as all this was stopping, it must of been fun fun fun in those days hey?

Lfrog
    Umm they said i should put my signature here.
    And now all i got is a heap of White Out on the Monitor..