Thread: Help: proxy server has encountered an error

Help

My computers ethernet freaks out when I use IE6 , it says: The proxy server has encountered an error (Host 0.0.0.1 is unreachable.). In addition above that it says HTTP Proxy Error. But for some reason it rarely happens when I use Netscape. If anyone can please help me with this problem please respond.

Thank You
    Everything that has a beginning has an end.

You probobly have an option set in IE saying "use 0.0.0.1 as a proxy server." Unceck the box that says use a proxy server. After that, save changes, reset your computer, and start using mozilla. Don't want to be an elitist about it, but sweet crap Mozilla is so beautiful. If I could, I would bear Mozilla's illigitimate children; regardless of the fact that they would be two stories tall each.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Thanks for responding, I just tried to do that but it did not work. My computer is not even programmed to use Host 0.0.0.1 but it does anyway. Question? What is mozzila?

Mozilla is an altenative browser and a ver nice one too.Try using the latest version of opera even that is nice.
    Think ur problem might be because u had a proxy set somewhere if not ie settings

Thanks

Thanks your help gizmofreak, I will probably download mozilla. And try again to make my computer stop using host 0.0.0.1.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Post moved from Network Security to General Chit Chat
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Hi,

Just a couple of questions:

1. What OS are you using?
    2. Is your IE up to date with all patches applied?
    3. What firewall are you running?

Cheers

My OS is Windows XP and yes I do keep my IE up to date. I do not have my Firewall set at this moment and it really has no exact name. But I am using a Realtek modem.