Thread: Record Industry Sues 532 More U.S. File-Sharers

Record Industry Sues 532 More U.S. File-Sharers

Here we go again........
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The U.S. music industry on Tuesday forged ahead with its legal effort to stamp out online piracy by suing more than 500 people for online copyright infringement, including 89 individuals using college networks.
    Of course it is not quite as easy for them this time though.
    The RIAA identified song swappers by numerical Internet addresses only because it has been unable to sue suspected pirates by name since December, when an appeals court sided with Verizon Communications by ruling that ISPs did not have to respond to subpoenas filed as a prelude to lawsuits requesting names of users.

As in the earlier rounds, the RIAA plans to discover swappers' names and locations through court-issued subpoenas.
    I guess they are trying to make their money, one way or the other.
    The RIAA has filed 1,977 lawsuits altogether since September, settling about 408 cases for about $3,000 each.
    Sourse
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Well, they'll get to me eventually. They'll sue me. I'll ignore it. It'll be added on to the stack of judgements on my desk... Suing poor people just doesn't work too well. Course, they'll have a hell of a time tracing my IP. I'm not telling why...
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Answer:

cmd
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

"officer, I don't know what P2P is, or even what an - what was it again - eye pee address is?" all I know is what is how to connect to hotmail and chat with my friends with leet names like wumpa1." "I read on the internet thingy that people can steal identity though." gasp in surprise... "You don't think they did that to me do you? Oh my god!"
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

There are certain utilities out there that help make you more "safe" on p2p networks...

http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10...ml?tag=lst-0-1

http://freshmeat.net/projects/peerprotect/

http://freshmeat.net/projects/p2pguard/

Just to name a couple.

Everyone knows that its safer to use someone elses IP address anyway... thank god for proxies!

Not that I need to hide myself... I still use the sneakernet. You can copy 60gigs in about 1.5 hrs if you just slave the drive on a different IDE channel. Let the underagers download... they can't get in as much trouble.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.