Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused about thread antipoint status

Confused about thread antipoint status

I dont know how the thread have the negative antipoint status or is it some users just assign antipoints without any cause. My two posts were normal. All who replied never had negative replies about them but still these have negative status....

The threads are

Thread 1

Thread 2

Can anyone explain me why..................
    Be Cool

Hi,

I don`t want to in any way sound rude, but what does it matter if your questions got answered?
    NORML

Signature image is too tall!

AntiOnline n00b
    sensible_guy Don't worry about Antipoints they don't mean much...
    , having said that i know its a bit tough everybody says that but i have seen even Senior Members having leptunes of AP winning about it.....

Use the Search feature before you post to see wether this has been posted before...... Try not to use foul and offenceive language and always remember one thing you can't please everyone, there will always be people who will agree with and other who disagree. and some who just want to balance their AP's. You can't help it, Same is the case with this of mine, some members will Agree with me some will Disagree and are going to post why they disagree or may be not and some will find it offencive and Neg it. And some more will just see an oppurtinity to balance their Ap's . So forget about it Life Sucks

In your case i think the Site Search feature could have helped

Always remember these two Golden Rules
    • To avoid getting flamed, don't post.
      -- posted by ASPII
    • Never start a thread asking about an antipoints assignment. It will just get you more negatives. Nobody likes a whiner.
      -- posted by xmaddness

Banned
    Thread 1 has been talked about alot. As if half the sites that are out there *don't* have downloads. Oh and there are features to contect peaple about AP.

Whaaaa boo hoo...

(edited)
    Originally posted here by SwordFish_13
    Use the Search feature before you post to see wethrer this has been posted before. Try not to use foul and offenceive language and always remember one thing you can't please everyone, there will always be people who will agree with and other who disagree. and some who just want to balance their AP's. You can't help it,So forget about this.
    No its not really about weather or not its been posted before just the ammount of times its been done and how boreing its become. And im a foul mouth mother ****er... I have yet to see many peaple complain about it.

AntiOnline n00b
    And im a foul mouth mother ****er... I have yet to see many peaple complain about it.
    yes thats because of those green dots and status, a guy with less than 10 posts foul mouthing will be gone in less than 11 minutes.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    yes thats because of those green dots and status, a guy with less than 10 posts foul mouthing will be gone in less than 11 minutes.
    Actually, he was like that before he got those green dots. If you swear, most of us really aren't bothered too much by it as long as you are making an important point. If the point is valid, you'd actually probably get APs. Quality, not quantity is the real answer to APs.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

well, my .02, thread 2 was funny.
    Why he was negged for that Im not sure.
    looks like someone saw the 2 red dots and wants to see if they can push it over the edge to banned land... I gave him some greens on his joke, I dont usually on the humor, but he made laugh. And if it was elsewhere on the site *shrug* I saw it here first. I encourage some of the other members to lay off negging him, as I looked at both threads and saw no call for negging either time.
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I am starting to wonder if anyone can read. The question wasn't about why he got negged, the question was about why the thread had a negative status.

Thread 1> both you and wackoz were given negative points, which makes the thread negative.
    Thread 2> M3mph15 was given more negatives then you were given positives, which makes the thread negative.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Actually, he was like that before he got those green dots. If you swear, most of us really aren't bothered too much by it as long as you are making an important point. If the point is valid, you'd actually probably get APs. Quality, not quantity is the real answer to APs.
    I'm proof of that. I swear a lot, and have since day 1. I don't swear to be offensive, it's just the way I ****ing am really

You seem to be having a hard time here on AO with people negging you, so I'll give you a boost if you "swear" you will never make a thread about APs again

Thread 2> M3mph15 was given more negatives then you were given positives, which makes the thread negative.
    Many times this will be the case... The thread's author's post will recieve positive antipoints, while someone else's post recieves even more negs.

IMHO, this one of the downfalls of the AP system, since sometimes good threads that have interesting conversations "commit suicide" because of one post that got bombarded with negs. This is especially true when someone with tons of green dots will neg a guy. Since they have lots of of them they have more impact.. It sends the AP status of the thread from "even" to "extremely negative" (or something like that) verrry quickly.

For example, check out this thread. Not that there was much conversation going on in that one anyways, but it still didn't deserve to commit suicide

Oh well, just my 0.02

mjk