Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Mitnick interview.

Most of the acts that any hacker of the past performed are obsolete today, that doesnt mean they weren't impressive in thier time.

Also the Japanese guy (Tsuhumara, sp?) that wrote the book with Markoff, I dont know if you have ever read it but it is severly biased, making Mitnick out to be an absolute horror of an individual. They make him out to be some punk kid, when in reality he is a genius in his own right.
    Lord Cantenberry
    ===============
    \"The things you dont remember are the things that didnt exist\"

Imagine how dumb the guy felt after he was released, being exposed to technology that he wasn't exposed to while he was in jail. From what it look's like, he couldn't use the internet for 8 years! I think i had a 486 in 1995....

Banned
    Originally posted here by br_fusion
    And like you mentioned, ONE of his friends ratted him out, but not because he was bragging or showing off.
    From the Lost chapter

In late 1979, a group of fellow hacker types who worked for the Los Angeles Unified School District dared me to try hacking into The Ark, the computer system at Digital Equipment Corporation used for developing their RSTS/E operating system software. I wanted to be accepted by the guys in this hacker group
    But wait he was just going to hang with them and use them all for educational purposes. (Yeah whatever). And then...

One of them dialed up the system and shoved the keyboard in front of me with a challenging look on his face. His mouth dropped open as I matter-of-factly logged into a privileged account.
    My so-called friends first used my access to copy highly sensitive source code, and then turned me in.
    And later on when he starts talking to media men... umm how often has that ever lead into anything good?

About this time, the Feds set up a criminal informant and sent him out to entrap me. They knew I always tried to keep tabs on any agency investigating me. So they had this informant befriend me and tip me off that I was being monitored. He also shared with me the details of a computer system used at Pacific Bell that would let me do counter-surveillance of their monitoring. When I discovered his plot, I quickly turned the tables on him and exposed him for credit-card fraud he was conducting while working for the government in an informant capacity.
    I couldn't believe it when I saw that Markoff had not only written an article about me, but the Times had placed it on the front page. The first thought that came to mind was for my personal safety-now the government would be substantially increasing their efforts to find me
    If you read 90% of the time its all about how they made him look bad or screwed him up the ass. Its all about ("his image"). Gimme a break. He twisted the minds of retards then expected honor among thieves or a more polite justice system... well with his "skills" isn't that ironic 'eh? I had a uncle like that he could go in and out of jail for some of the stupidest **** then years later complain about how peaple screwed him out of some deal or how the cops told little white lies with sugar on top in order to put him in jail longer. As if he didn't put himself there in the first place. What a ****er.