Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: changing my homepage

changing my homepage

here's my problem.
    every time i turn on my computer for the first time that day, my homepage is changed to "hotsearch.com"
    ive ran ad aware and norton, but despite their best efforts, my problem remains.
    i do know how to change my homepage back to the one i want (google.ca), but as i said, every day, it gets changed.
    any ideas on how i can manually fix it and/or programs to do so for me?
    tnx

Try SpybotSD, available at download.com

That should take care of it. There will most likely be more links coming.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Download : HijackThis and then post the log file here.
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

i ran hijackThis (thank you Agent_Steal) but there's no need to post the results, i can take it from here. thank you all for you're time and help
    smif123

Good luck!

Check out CWShredder................I think that it was a cool web search clone?

Also look at spybot search & destroy

And the cloaking tools for your anti scumware?

SpyWare Sucks.

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    SpyWare Sucks.
    [rant on]

Uh huh. And your point? This helps how? I'm sorry but I fail to see the point of the post. If you had suggested that perhaps he look at using a browser other than IE (most commonly "hijacked" browser) or using a host file that blocks many of the ads that bring this on, then you'd be adding to the discussion. If you want to discuss the merits or flaws of spyware, fine. Start a thread. But putting in a post that says "spyware sucks" is no different than the newbie who goes around putting in "thanks!" posts all over.

But that's just my opinion.

[/rant off]

*We now return you back to your regular postings*
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

hahaha good comment Mittens...god i was like wtf is he talking about, i think we all know that spyware sucks oh plus his post did suck, he didnt mention adware

CWShredder................
    God nihil you reminded me on that crap again when i had it and i never heard of it before until you helped me

Also look at spybot search & destroy
    I did a scan on mine yesterday and i was like wow, i had like 260 spyware/adware files and registries, but one good thing, 0 on antivirus scan

anyways...yea i dont want Mittens to go after me cause my post is useless too so I'll say it myself

...wtf did you post for..? Freaking Post whore

You know what, it's comments like the last two that make people leave this site. We all know spyware sucks, so what if I post it, and so what if it doesn't help anyone. I should be able to say what I like. And for your information, if you looked at my last 10 posts in profile, you'd see a pattern of me helping people out, and giving useful information.

You people need to grow up, and direct your attention/anger/frustrations on things that you can change.....not on non-sense.

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I should be able to say what I like.
    As should we then. If we disagree, then it is within our choices to do so. I'm sorry, PuReExcTacy, but I did think it was a useless add-on. I did not say you did it all the time but I said what it felt and looked like. You may not agree and that's fine but I still felt it was worthwhile to comment because I did feel it was unnecessary post.

Now, all of that said perhaps you should be directing your own anger towards Spyware here: FTC holding Spyware Workshop.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage