Thread: good exploit site and some help for wargames

good exploit site and some help for wargames

hello all
    im new in this parts so i need to know a good exploit site about windows "holes" for a wargame im going to make with my friends, i have the tuturiol thet you guys posted so if you have any advice just let ripp

tks for your time

Surfing about on http://www.securityfocus.com will help you find a fair amount of security vurnelabilities in their bugtraq section.
    -HDD

For actual analysis of potential holes nothing beats nmap. If you plan on running a Windows machine as the attacking box, nmap can now be ran off of a Windows machine using the libpcap program.

you could runa vuln scanner like nesuus I know its not "leet"

HDD: I agree with you on securitfocus. They have a nice database of programs/services and their vulnerabilities.

Originally posted here by Nick Nicklyn
    For actual analysis of potential holes nothing beats nmap. If you plan on running a Windows machine as the attacking box, nmap can now be ran off of a Windows machine using the libpcap program.
    I somewhat disagree with you. While nmap will tell a potiential attacher which ports may be open, there are way better tools for further assesment. nessus is a vulnerability scanner which will incorporate a nmap scan. It will give you a full report on which versions of services are running and potiential vulnerabilities and where to find more info about said vulnerability.

SARA is also a decent vuln. scanner. I use it in addition to nessus.

Languard is also pretty good, but its commercial.. and the evaluation version can only be used on your private LAN.

Retina is also good, but again commercial.

I would go with nessus if you have the knowledge to setup a linux box.
    Just make sure to download and update the plugins.
    If you don't have the knowlege to setup your own linux box... run a live version from your CDROM. knoppix-std is pretty good, but there are several others.

Have a look at the "top 75 security tools" here. The tools on this list should give you all the information tools you need for footprinting and enumeration.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I would have to agree with HDD. You could also give this site a quick browse :

Packet Storm Security
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

tks for thouse who have the patient to help me, thouse sites are very good and my wargames will start soon

tks very much