Thread: Site suggestion (download threads)

Site suggestion (download threads)

I have a suggestion for the threads. You should add a button that enables you to download a printable version of the thread. Like say that you want to save some or all of the posts for a thread because they have some informative posts that you like. Make a button or option to save a copy of the posts or thread to your computer that way you dont have to do a >file>save-as in your browser to save the posts.

Its just a thought but it would be really nice of an idea.
    Any suggestions or comments welcome.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    You mean like the Printable Version that's found under each thread?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Kinda like that but what I mean is a txt file that just has the all the posts in the thread in it. That way you just click the button and you can save it as a text file without having to deal with all the html coding included.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

try edit->select all , go to file->print, and select "print selection"

Originally posted here by Soda_Popinsky
    try edit->select all , go to file->print, and select "print selection"

I dont want to print it i just want to save it all as a text file without all the html tags. Or do a copy/paste into notepad. I just was wondering if there was a way to make a button that allows you to save all of the post as a text file.

Go to the print thread page and select all the text on the page. Paste that text into notepad, and you'll have what you're looking for, I think -- just the text, with line breaks preserved but no HTML.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Wouldn't it be easier to click a button and save it instead of all of that?

Sure it would be easier ... but wouldn't it be easier to copy/paste some text and save a file once in a while than it would be to write code to produce a page for you to save? I don't think this feature is worth the time it would take to create, particularly since we already offer printable versions of threads.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.