Thread: compiling TFN2k

Question compiling TFN2k

Dear all

Does anyone know how to compile TFN2K. I am using redhat to complie the source code and I always run into lots of error.

Can someone provide the procedures in compiling as well as making the executables.

I have attached the source code in zip fomat

Thanks.......

skwah

1. ddos tools are lame..

2. did you rtfm ??

3. did you read AO's FAQ ?
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

No attachment ( thank god )

do you realize it was authored in '99

what version of gcc are you using now vs. when is was written?

Why would you want to build it?

to repeat the_JinX did you read AO's FAQ ?

Who are you and why should anyone trust you are not a script kiddie ?
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Who are you and why should anyone trust you are not a script kiddie ?
    And how do you know he isn't attempting to use it in a class setting like a wargame? Don't get me wrong. Valid questions but perhaps rather than sounding like he's already guilty, why not ask simply: what is it you're attempting to achieve or understand? (maybe it's just me being cranky in the morning). Please don't give out negs to someone on their first post. This post was actually originally in General Chit Chat and seems to have been moved here.

Skwah: generally speaking, most compiles are ./configure && make (no need for make install). For tf2n just type make. For those unaware, tf2n actually has this:

This program is distributed for educational purposes and without any explicit or implicit warranty; in no event shall the author or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect or incidental damages arising in any way out of the use of this software.

I hereby certify that I will not hold the author liable for any wanted or unwanted effects caused by this program and that I will give the author full credit and exclusively use this program for educational purposes.

Do you agree to this disclaimer [y/n]? y
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Dear all

Thanks for your comments and reply....

First of all, I will like to thanks Msmittens for coming to my aid. Just as what Msmittens has said,he/she is right,I am actually doing it in a class room lab environment . I can understand your security concerns but please rest assure that I will use only in a lab environment as well as in a legitimate way....

Allow me to explain what do I mean by legitimate ways. I am working as a internet engineer and my customers always complain that they did not fully utilised their bandwidth. As most of them havea subscribe bandwidth in the range of 10Mbps to 45 Mbps. Therefore I need a DDOS tools to actually showed them that they are actually capable of pulling what they have subscribed.

I will make known to my customer before I attempt to flood their link. As long as the MRTG graph can register that they are maxing out their bandwidth I will stop the test. If they are still unable to max,then I will need to check my infrastructure to see if there is a misconfigurations somewhere........

Iknownot,

The gcc version that I am using is 3.2.2 20030222 (Red hat Linux 3.2.2-5)

Msmittens,

I have tried running make as what you have suggested and I have the below error message

root@sng-RH tfn2k]# make
    cd src && make
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/skwah/bakup1/skw/tfn2k/src'
    Makefile:5: *** missing separator. Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/skwah/bakup1/skw/tfn2k/src'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

What could have gone wrong......

Thanks,

Regards,skwah

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Please don't give out negs to someone on their first post.
    I think we should have a code (members' code, not mnstrgrl's code) that forbid giving negs to newbies with less than 5 posts. Then after being advised 5 times, and he still keeps asking lame things, feel free to neg him starting on his 6th post...

skwah, next time elaborate your question well, especially the "suspicious" one like this, before somebody really gets alerted... There are many "mental IDSes" around here and they can get noisy pretty quick in this kind of situation.

But now reading your last explanation, perhaps they were right... knowing that you're not doing any (security) vulnerability assessment (btw this thread does belong to GCC I think). Also, a ddos tool CAN bring your customer's network down (without properly configured firewall on their side). Do a quick search of "traffic generator" and you will find a bunch of new (updated) programs that, well, generate (safe and legitimate) traffic, and do nothing else. Isn't that what you need?

As for the make error, can you post at least the first 5 lines of the Makefile? Looks like there are spaces where there should be tabs, or it's accidentally saved in DOS format (w/ CRLFs instead of CRs).

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Don't cd into the src directory. It needs the Makefile as a guide.

And there are lots of other tools that could be used for this. In my classroom setting I use a simple DoS to generate traffic (smurf, papa-smurf and teardrops). While machines are often secured against these it's a good test to see how students respond to a DoS (surprising how many think the school's internet sucks when in fact their firewall they developed isn't being checked at the logs to see what traffic might be causing this).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Don't cd into the src directory. It needs the Makefile as a guide.
    If I'm not mistaken it's actually the Makefile that does the cd.

skwah: You may have more luck using gmake instead of make.

Note: You may need to install gmake
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

jdenny

My makefile looks like this

# Tribe FloodNet - 2k edition
    # by Mixter <mixter@newyorkoffice.com>

This is another makefile in the src directory

# Tribe FloodNet - 2k edition
    # by Mixter <mixter@newyorkoffice.com>
    # Generic Makefile

# Linux / *BSD* / Others
    CC = gcc
    CFLAGS = -Wall -O3
    CLIBS =

# Solaris (IRIX / AIX / HPUX ?)
    #CC = gcc
    #CFLAGS = -Wall -O3
    #CLIBS = -lnsl -lsocket

# Win32 (cygwin)
    #CC = gcc
    #CFLAGS = -Wall -DWINDOZE -O2
    #CLIBS =

SERVER_OBJ = pass.o aes.o base64.o cast.o flood.o ip.o process.o tribe.o td.o
    CLIENT_OBJ = pass.o aes.o base64.o cast.o ip.o tribe.o tfn.o

all: td tfn

clean:
    @echo removing junk...
    @rm -f tfn td mkpass disc pass.c *.exe *.o *~

tfn: agreed ${CLIENT_OBJ}
    ${CC} ${CFLAGS} ${CLIBS} ${CLIENT_OBJ} -o tfn
    strip tfn

td: agreed ${SERVER_OBJ}
    ${CC} ${CFLAGS} ${CLIBS} ${SERVER_OBJ} -o td
    strip td

agreed: disc