Thread: Outlook express opens AIM - SOLUTION

Outlook express opens AIM - SOLUTION

I recently noticed a few things about Outlook express that makes me even more unhappy with the MS wanting in on everything computers...
    not only has it imported all my AOL contacts to outlook express and then made them MSN contacts, but it automatically opens aol instant messenger.

This is a option embedded into outlook express, and can be turned off by following these instructions. Its not a security flaw in itself, but a annoyance the same.

Someone please tell MS I dont need it to do everything for me, I can add contacts, I can open AIM, I can ... you get the point'
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Elite Hacker
    You could use Eudora or another client. I just use webmail, easy and effective.
    Originally posted here by avenger_jcc
    thread redirect

but I just wanted to let everyone know that uses ms that this is how to fix it.
    /thread redirect
    Sorry I made you have to redirect your thread

believe me Im looking at Linux distros to pick one to play with, and eventually run... I need someothign taht will run windows apps still, since I have applications that run on only windows... I know linux has some things that can do this,.... but are they any good...
    *shrug* but yes, I do want to get away from MS products as much as I can, specially since their "we want to compete with google" crap.

thread redirect

but I just wanted to let everyone know that uses ms that this is how to fix it.
    /thread redirect
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.