Thread: how can i log into a domain which is behind firewall

how can i log into a domain which is behind firewall

I do have the administrative access to the WatchGuard SOHO firebox 6 and the domain behind it. How can I log into that domain from the outside. Do I have to create a VPN. This is only one laptop that i would like to be able to access the inside. does the lap top have to have static ip ... is there another solution

Sounds like you need a VPN. Does Watchguard SOHO allow it ?

watchguard soho is a vpn client designed to connect to a firebox 2/3. the easiest thing to do would be to allow pcanywhere tcp:5631 udp:5632 and use it to connect threw the soho to a machine you've mapped to inside with pcanywhere waiting
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

i don't have a pc anywhere ... watchguard soho is a hd fire wall not "watchguard soho is a vpn client" ... is there a way to create a vpn

yes its a little red firewall thats also a vpn client. uses linux as an os. it has four local ports, one wan port and one marked "OTR" that they never came up with a use for.

you could use realvnc its free from ORL not as secure but ive never heard of anyone with a strong password having any problems with it. im sure others will give you more choices like securevnc and such but ive never worked with them. to allow it its tcp:5800 and tcp:5900. i only use sohos as vpn clients but ill rtfm tomorrow and let ya know

pcAnywhere is a client/server remote terminel application made by symantec. its really pretty good but not cheap. vnc is free, doesn't have as big a footprint and only requires a 567k client on the remote to connect or you can use your browser and connect to the java applet on the server.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Just Another Geek
    Use a VPN to get into the remote network and use RDP to manage the windows 2000/xp machines on the "other" side.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

You can implement a SSL tunnel for RealVNC to pass through. That is what I do.

Check out this link for more info:

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1677
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

rabit, my appologies! you can connect up to 6 vpn applications on a soho before you need a firebox II/III.

the process is discribed on pages 84 - 94 of your "watchguard firebox soho6 user guide" if you dont have it ill scan those pages for you.

thnx guys for your time, i have more questions, though...

1. does the Firebox need to be set to accept connection from a specific IP becuse i have only a dynamic cable at my house

2. how can i log into the inside/local domain server (active directory) and use the inside resources as if i would be local. the inside IP's are on a 192.168.x.x range

anyone ?