Well I decided to give norton a try to see how their Personal Firewall performs. So far i'm quite satisfied. It was very easy to set it up (great for beginners) and it is doing its job. It has blocked about 20 attacks on my computer since yesterday and it comes with a build in /whois and IP tracer which seems quite accurate. What surprised me the most though was not the firewall...but this:

Details: Trojan attempt detected from address 63.187.232.5 by rule "Default Block Backdoor/SubSeven Trojan horse".
Blocked further access for 30 minutes.

I see my firewall flashing a warning sign...and I'm wondering "WTF?!?". ROFL someone actually tried to send me a subseven...When are kids going to learn? I called up the sysadmin...but she wasn't available (Answering machine picked up)..didn't wanna bother the poor woman too much...she prolly has other crap to take care of other than my silly subseven complaint. Mostly I wanted to see if anything would get done...i've never called one of them up to complain before...i just wanted to know if someone gives a **** out there. Anyone with a personal experience please share

I'd actually recommend this firewall...seems pretty decent. I used ZA and wasnt too happy with it...I guess it was too complicated for my lazy brain to figure out how to set up the rules...and to tell it which programs to allow ahead of time. Now that I think about it...I was probably too lazy to check out the Help feature LOL

Cheers

Please share your opinions and experiences about Norton's Personal Firewall. I guess using it with Nortons SystemWorks makes a pretty good duo