Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you install windows with a floppy disk?

Or,
    take the HDD you are going to install it to and your CD rom disk to a working PC with a working CD rom.
    slave your HDD to the system. copy the i386 directory, or if its not nt based the entire CD to the hdd...
    go back to your PC, boot with a floppy disk
    cd to the hard disk and the i386 directory or where the set up command is.
    type winnt or whatever the 95 setup was... (been way too long)
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

The easiest solution is Win 3.1 if your using just disketts. I've don't once or twice in my day. If my memory serves me right it comes on a few (bout 10ish) diskettes. The problem would be finding it though. You could easily upgrade fromn there.
    My preception IS reality.
    Just because the majority think it\'s right doesn\'t make it right.
    If you don\'t like it, Don\'t Settle For It.

Dead Man Walking
    Didnt win95 also come on diskettes? I think there were like 20 of them or something but i seem to remember that.I remeber my first dual boot was win3.1/95

Didnt win95 also come on diskettes? I think there were like 20 of them or something but i seem to remember that.I remeber my first dual boot was win3.1/95
    sure did Zombie - I think I've still got mine somewhere - though I may have left them at the folks house when I moved out a fewyears ago. I don't recall exactly how many but 20 sounds about right.... god was that a drag to install!

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes