Thread: Help with X86 error

Question Help with X86 error

I just finished installing debian a few hours ago or so and setup and configured X. I went to startx and low and behold, an error i havnt come across. Here it is.

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xserverrc: /usr/bin/X11/X : no such file or directory
    /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xserverrc: exec /usr/bin/X11/X cannot execute: no such file or directory

xserverrc seems to link to the executable X but X does not seem to exist and i cant figure why. If anyone has had this problem before and can provide some insight on how to remedy this it would be greatly appreciated.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

Something didn't get installed. My system has that file.
    Try installing your X system again
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Ya it Xfree should include that file because i believe its some sort of link to another. I guess what im getting at is wondering if there is anyway to manually repair this error. Also maybe an explination why something like this would happen.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

Code:
    [rcgreen@acer X11]$ ls -l X
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            8 Dec 26  2002 X -> Xwrapper
    Yea, It's a link to Xwrapper. You could try creating the link yourself
    and see if it works.

ln -s Xwrapper X
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.