Thread: help network ip

help network ip

hi

i have a linksys wireless network (only two computers) one of the computers is conected to the internet the other is conected to that computers to go ont the internet.

this problem has hapened (3) times : when i go on the internet the cant find server screen gos on my screen. then after that i opened the command prompt and typed ipconfig and my ip
    adress was empty (filled with zeros in every place) what do i do

ps i have zone alarm and my network settings disapeer

ps: can this be a nuker or flooder

help

If I read this right:

You are probably going to have to manually assign the gateways and ip's (and DNS). For both the router and the computer.

This sounds like a weird connection, is it a dial up or high speed?
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

connect

i have a highspeed connection

highspeed dialup?

Why are you running the connection through a computer instead of the router?
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

He probably bought a wap.

Either that or he is using ICS in XP, I don't know which would be funnier.

Best case senario, he is using iptables and forgot how to configure masquerading to act as a the nat firewall for his other computer.

But since it's one of the first two, return the wap and buy a router, then connect modem to wan port, computers to lan ports (detailed instructions upon rtfm). Or goto a command prompt and type format c:|y, then download and install slackware.

Problem solved.

Is that a linksys wireless router? If you are using a wireless router, try to put those EMI (electromagnetic interferance)appliances that may affect the connection. You may also assign a specific gateway address.

disturb if I am reading what you put properly you are using windows ICS so your setup goes

Hispeed-->Router-->Pc1 (with 2 nic cards)-->pc 2 out of pc 1

what you should do is run both computers out of the router, every linksys router I have seen has 4 ports or more. So that is the smartest idea to use

if for some reason you are too hard headed to do that then you will have to let the router pick up its ip... I think linksys is 192.168.1.1. Then enable dhcp on both your nic card and the router

Plug computer one into it, do an ipconfig /renew to make sure you picked up an ip
    then the second nic card you will have to manually set an IP you can choose to use another internal nic 10. 172. I am not positive if 192 will allow you to properly do it since you are already using it. it should as long as your router doesnt freak out. then you will have to setup properites for ICS. ( this is accessible if you get properties on your nic card then go to advanced, and check allow other to access the net through me).

But for ease please just use the router
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here