Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M$ Update CDs

M$ Update CDs

I dunno if this has been talked about on AO at all but M$ is sending out free update CDs with also EZ firewall and AV trial for 1 year, you have to sign up to get 'em, i got mine like 2 days ago and not too bad, they might not have everything but the point is they are free

I think someone mentioned it as some point in time, I signed up for it and if you are on dial up the cd is worthwhile other wise its kinda a waste of time. It takes forever for the updates to apply, longer than if you just download the update, the bonus is the free av trial, which in my opinion was kinda archaic. All the updates are like 3 months old. But as you said it is free
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

I just ordered mine, not that I need it...just cos its free.

(edit: BTW what I write below is partly wrong! I havent deleted it cos if I did it would make Tiger Sharks comments look very random)

But, apparently if your from the UK you cant be a Sir or a Dr, I mean I know some Americans think that Britains a little backwards but I thought we invented the Sir thing, there was a Sir Francis Drake before the Americas were even discovered!

i2c

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    i2c:

Sir Francis Drake was born in 1540 and died in 1596.

America was "discovered" in 1492.....

Thus Francis Drake wasn't even born before the questionable "discovery" of the America's by Columbus, he sure as heck wasn't knighted by then.....

We didn't even have "Sirs" before the America's were "discovered" by Leif Ericson and before it was first seen by Herjulfsson in 896 AD.

The practice of knighthood didn't really occur until after the Norman invasion of England in 1066 and was actually derived from the Normans.

Just so us Brits don't come across as _too_ arrogant..... Even if we are superior....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Very useful,

If you need to re-install on sheep dips/labrats/sacrificial goats..........just put the CD in and let it do its stuff?

Correct remark about dial up, but I have had problems with broadmand as well....OK the stuff seems to download OK, but it will not install properly..........not had a problem with the CD so far

Just my thoughts

AO French Antique News Whore
    I'm still waiting for my mine to get in my inbox! Could always be usefull to save bandwitch or for dial-up friend.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Tiger Shark :

I even googled for his dates of birth and death, didnt bother to see when america was found, cos I was sure it was him. I stand corrected anyway! I knew I was kinda on the rite track with the knighthood thing.

Next time I try and be clever with my history, Ill check what im saying

i2c

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    ic2: I had some time to spare.... I thought I'd be a smartass.... It's what happens when you have a WAP at your local......

It was interesting trying to determine when knighthood actually came about though. I thought it would have been earlier but it came along with chivalry which was a French/Norman "invention".
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Be prepared for a wait i ordered mine approx feb 14 and got a "its in the mail' email the other day.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

And it will take a couple of weeks even after you got that. Just received mine....only about a 8-9 week wait.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown