Thread: how can i find out about my ram?

how can i find out about my ram?

i need to know how much ram i have and what type it is. i've tried going to properties on "my computer" and it says i have 488 mb of ram, but not what kind. i could have sworn i paid for 512mb of ddr ram (it also says my processor is 2.39ghz and it was advertised as a 2.4). when it boots, the bios flashes all the hardware for about 1/2 a second so dont have time ot read it. if i press the delete key or whatever get to the bios setup, there is only one menu and it is in the way of all the info about my peripherals, which is sitting in the background behind it. if i close it, the computer boots into windows. is there any way to find out exactly what all my peripherals are, not just what the drivers say they are?

You can fnd out how much memory you hav by going into your system information

Start > all programs > Accessories > sytem tools > system information.

In the System Summary field (it should open here by default) look what it says next to "Total Physical Memory" this is how much memory is installed.

As to the type of memory I dont think you can find out what type you have through Windows (if any one does know a way I would like to know it!) but if you download Si Soft Sandra (google the web site) that will tell you everything you want to know about your system (CPU, Memory "Peripherals" etc) and more!

Banned
    http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

(it also says my processor is 2.39ghz and it was advertised as a 2.4).
    They said mine is 800mhz and it's actually 799, i mean come on why say 2.39Ghz, isn't it easier to round it up to 2.4 ? i mean there's like .o1 Ghz difference...

what exactly is that link? im guessing you are recommending a program on the site, but which one? there are like 5. im gonna dl the "personal system information" program, from the downloads section. tell me if im wrong, plz

Phone,

If the properties reports a lower memory, it probably means that yo are sharing with something else?......like video or sound or both........do you have separate cards for video & sound, or are they running off your motherboard?

Cheers

Two Threads one Question.. Why?

/edit
    Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 60 seconds.
    now here was me winding up for a post whore record and pow.. fare in the kisser.. gee I only need 1.25 per min and I break the record.. drat
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Banned
    im guessing you are recommending a program on the site, but which one?
    I think im recommending the aida32 program.....

If it is a tower you can go low tech and open that bad boy up and look at the RAM it should say size, type and manufacture. And while your at it you can see "exactly what all [your] peripherals are, not just what the drivers say they are." They should have info stuckers on them.
    My preception IS reality.
    Just because the majority think it\'s right doesn\'t make it right.
    If you don\'t like it, Don\'t Settle For It.