HTRegz wrote on Today 01:12 AM:

Hey Hey,

I'm responding here because I have no use for starting another flame war, I posted in that thread because I wanted to point out the uselessness of the argument.

Yes I feel that there should be some sort of test for membership. It would keep the users who just want to ask simple tech support questions away. I realize that many people think that is what this site is for, but it's not. This site is for security, you should know something to discuss security. You should have to learn the basics before coming here to learn about security. It's kinda like JohnHack. He has lots of questions and obviously wants to learn but he should have had to learn the basics before we let him here, then he'd understand the answers he's given. As for what this site is, you've been a member here for less than 2 months, you're in no place to be commenting on this site.

As for the problem being ego's, occasionally that's true, however it is still the newbies (such as yourself) fault. If they hadn't asked a stupid question (such as... should I use a firewall), than their wouldn't be people who actually know something arguing. There are two schools of thought even from people who know something and when you get a stupid question those ideals clash. If you people weren't around to ask ridiculous questions and we were simply discussing security, if we were able to discuss the latest exploits without having to sanitize for fear of skiddies being registered, if we didn't see threads with people say tcp, firewall and those are words people have to learn (check the thread in question if you are wondering.. I think it may have be Faqt who said it), then we'd be free to get to the heart of security, and those of us with knowledge would learn rather than letting our knowledge stagnate answering tech support questions. If you want to join in discussions on a security site, you should know what tcp is, what ip is, what a subnet is, these things should be second nature to you, or you shouldn't be here. The newbies show up, and want to increase their post count, so they post things like "I agree" or "good post" and a bunch of other crap one line answers, or they copy something someone else just posted.

However you should also note that I said I've come to accept these things, that this will never be a real security site again. That's the truth of it..

peace,
HT
Hi

Why do we always fear starting another flame war why cant we discuss anything without Somebody getting offended and resorting to flames.

And yes thanks for reminding me it's been less than 2 months. If it bothers you ok fine i will stay away all thise pissing compitions. In these two monts i have seen more flame wars between members, than real constructive discussions.

If you people weren't around to ask ridiculous questions and we were simply discussing security,
You said there should be some sort of test. Why not use Addicts Fourm as a test. 275 posts are a fair enough test. Trust me i have read each and every post in the Addits fourm and didn't found even a single Security related post there. It could have been put to a better use than that there are no newb's to Interfere you Security Gurus there.

You said newb's are are a problem . I remember seeing a Fourm called Newb Security Discussion. And it's a Public fourm you can't stop people from coming. This wasen't a Security Site Anumore the day it was so;d to Jup Media, as a Compny its first objective would be earning profit, The more the number of people coming here haelps there cause a lot.

HTRegz i have no intensions of offending you you are a very senior member here and have contributed a lot to this site. Although i do not aggree with all your thoughts but i think they are worth dissuccing and bringing to JupMedia attention why don't you try Starting a dissucion about this and see what everybody thinks and what could be done to improve all this. Ooo Ok Fear another Flame war will start see thats the bloody problem we can't discuss anything without starting a flame war.

and the question should I use a firewall you got to take into the consideration the skill level of the poster, he was asking from a newb's prespective, we could have given a answer from a newb prespective, no but you guys showered him with all your geek stuff And started a Flame whether Newb's should post or not.

you should know what tcp is, what ip is, what a subnet is, these things should be second nature to you, or you shouldn't be here.

As for the problem being ego's, occasionally that's true, however it is still the newbies (such as yourself) fault.
I know what TCP/IP or Subnet is i have a Masters Degree in computer application if that makes you feel better.

I will do you a favour i will make this post public and leave, i don't have that many AP trust me you can easily ban me i promise i will not create another accout and leave this site. Maybe this post lead to a constructive dissuction that might make this site a bit better.

--Good Luck--