No-one gives a rats A$$ about me or my network....

Since implimenting a policy that strips all potentially harmful file extensions at the firewall in SMTP inbound mail I am forced to open an FTP server to allow needed files of a questionable nature in, (something I have resisted because it has always seemed to me to be the most abused system by the biggest group, script and warez kiddies). So off I went, created an FTP site in the DMZ, tested it, told no-one it was there but opened it up with and allow any -> ftp server firewall rule.... A honeypot if you will. Any traffic going there right now has to be suspicious.......

Well.... It's been "swinging out there in the breeze" for 48 hours. Logging is turned to full... not even a connection attempt except when I, (in disbelief), test it. An IDS rule is in place to pick up any SYN on port 21 from the internal or external network..... again, it has only fired when I test it..... Searching the firewall logs for any port 21 inbound also comes up with zip.....

It's almost wierd... I was scanned fairly regularly on port 21 for ever since I can remember.... My home box has had 8 hits during the same period. My work ISP filters nothing so it isn't that.....

So, I have only one conclusion..... The skiddies are "dis'ing" me....... Bastiges!!!!!!

I wanted some fun......