Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iraq, anyone?

Banned

Iraq, anyone?

Can't help it, but I don't like discussions that just die out

Just wondering why I don't see any Iraq discussion anymore...
    Is Powell admitting that some of the information they used to start the war on Iraq was false not news anymore? Maybe I missed it in between a gazillion of stupid commercials on Fox, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, and a dozen of local channels ("Welcome to the news... we'll be right back... [five minutes of commercials]... Hi, this is so and so with the news... we'll be right back... [five minutes of commercials]... Now, on to the first item: the winner of American Idol 2004!... After the break!...").

Anyways, Powell admitted that the mobile labs he used to justify a war in Iraq, don't exist. Welp, they do exist, but they've found to be harmless (before anyone comments: by Americans). Powell says he only used that argument because intelligence services told him, and he wants to find out why intelligence was wrong.

Try a Google News Search for this, and you'll see it come up a gazillion times... don't include "US" in your search terms, though, since no American source seems to carry this news (but then again, it might be just me... stupid commercials and all). Viva PBS!

BTW: America is a nice country

The commercials suck, though. There's too many of them, and they all suck.
    And the social security system sucks even worse.
    And that entire "credit" system blows. Can't even get a stupid cellphone here ("sorry sir, we need your credit score".... Ummm, I don't have one yet... "sorry, we don't like your customership then, sir")

While I'm at it:
    America is the country of extremes. The weirdest of the weirdest, and the best of the best..
    America, country of the world's smartest geniuses (although the genius of all geniuses was German) and the world's stupidest dumb-ass fools.
    The country of "free religion", but they'll kill you with their eyes if you don't go to church every week. "Church", as in one of 5 gazillion religions who all think they have the word....

That's it for now... heh.

T3h Ch3F

Negative

Greetings Negative, I hope this post finds you well, and happy in your married life.

I attempted to post about this topic on many occasions, as I am a combat vet. I think that the situation in our world is sad.....yet not without hope.

Please take the time to read the link.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...349#post725349

Take care bro.

Nicolas
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

T3h Ch3F

Re: Iraq, anyone?

[QUOTE] Originally posted here by Negative

You are correct in your thoughts, and good in expressing them Neg. I am on your side.

The main reason for all the tension from the beginning of man, remains as simple as understanding and reckognition of other peoples cultural HABITS.

I have been to the following countries after my release from the Marine Corps. Including 3 of them last year.

- Egypt
    -Turkey
    -Israel
    -Cypruss
    -Greece

This list does not include "friendly destinations I have visited".

It amazed me how when you meet these ppl. they fear you as you fear them. And how after a few strong beers, or tea if they are Muslim, they are people just as we are! (damn some of the tea is stronger than Jack Daniels, no joke).

They feel the same sadness that a few haters amongst millions can spread hatred so quickly.

I for one will always try and understand the adversity.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

If only the UK/US administrations hadn't banged on so much about Weapons Of Mass Destruction they wouldn't have looked so stupid when they couldn't find them. Unfortunately, in hyping up the issue (along with the "45 minutes" dossier) they've given all these loony far-left extremists a big stick to beat them with, particularly in the media.

You think the American credit system is bad? Try ours - I've lived here for 19 years but I can't get a student account ("sorry, your credit score isn't good enough" - "you're offering student accounts and you want a *credit* score? how many students do you think have credit?!"). The crazy thing is that other companies will let me have a credit card, which is far more risky from their point of view.

As to America, I think my views on that country are well known - especially from this thread. All I will say is that any country that has 3 million of its citizens subscribed to the Presidential Prayer Team wants its collective head seeing to.

damn some of the tea is stronger than Jack Daniels, no joke
    If I recall correctly, in certain parts of the world where alcohol is frowned upon by the dominant religion, beer is served in tea pots to disguise it from the authorities. At least, that was the case last time one of my relatives visited India.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Last I checked hawkings was british...or are you talking about that elegent univers guy with your geniuse comment?

well i guess mission wasn't acomplished in iraq yet...any one want t oexplain to me why we thaught a company of troops could take on 5000 equaly heavely armed men in house to house fighting over the weekend? 7 dead 23 wounded last count that is some serrious bad numbers.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Banned
    Nah, I was talking about Von Goethe, the German poet and writer, who is thought to have had an IQ of 210, making him the smartest man ever. Other people in his category are Swedenborg (Swedish writer with an IQ of 205), von Leibniz (German philosopher/mathematician with an IQ of 205), John Stuart Mill (English economist, IQ of 200), Blaise Pascal (French philosopher with an IQ of 195). First American would be Bobby Fisher (the chessplayer) with an IQ of 187.

Here's a nice list with the explanation.

Stephen Hawking, using the same scale, would have an IQ of "only" 165, being surpassed by (amongst others) unbelievable but true Norman Schwarzkopf.

Most intelligent presidents of the last century areWoodrow Wilson, Herbert Hoover, Jimmy Carter, and Bill Clinton.

There's lots of interesting stuff on that site

Anyways, Powell admitted that the mobile labs he used to justify a war in Iraq, don't exist. Welp, they do exist, but they've found to be harmless (before anyone comments: by Americans). Powell says he only used that argument because intelligence services told him, and he wants to find out why intelligence was wrong.
    Hmmm.... Check out "The Whole Truth about the Iraq War" from http://www.truthuncovered.com/

It has a response to the administrations "intelligence was wrong" claim from a lot of people in the Intelligence community and some of the weapons inspectors in Iraq.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

The teas are strong because chances are there is opium in it. (or something else).

Negative you hit the description of America with great precision. Although every country is similar in its extremes, it only here where they seem get a voice of influence. The country is diverse and the geography and political freedom harbor both extremes. It's all pretty crazy, but for some reason at certain times in our history we've been able to come together at the right moments and make great achievements in both government and science. Personally I love America and sometimes I hate her. She's like a passionate relationship. The good of her love outlives and outlasts the bad.

And even in her darker hours, a think the underlying goal, even when misguided, is solidifying peace for the planet.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Ah, when you mentioned the Genius of Geniuses I thought you were referring to Albert Einstein, another famous German.

BTW, I personally don't believe that IQ makes one jolt of different to people who are considered geniuses. Admittedly a lot of "geniuses" have had high IQs, but it does not necessarily make you a genius if you have a high IQ, nor does a low IQ mean you are an intellectual retard.

I have a huge amount of respect for Hawkings not just because of his contribution to science, but also the fact that he didn't let his disability get in the way and succeeded in becoming a respected scientist despite the fact that he has lost most of his mobility and the ability to speak.

Originally posted here by CXGJarrod
    Hmmm.... Check out "The Whole Truth about the Iraq War" from http://www.truthuncovered.com/
    The thing is that DVD was probably produced by people who were against the war in the first place, therefore it will be no more or less biased than the general American press and the Bush Administration.