Thread: My mouse is pissing me off

My mouse is pissing me off

Today I logged onto my account on my Windows XP, which I truly hate with a passion for all of the problems it has. My mouse for some reason is very screwed up and whenever I right click on anything it restarts my computer. Although this may seem like a trivial problem which can easily be solved, it isn't. I have already looked at its properties on the control panels and some other things, but none of these allow you to reset the mouse driver or anything. If anybody can give me any pointers, I would love to hear them.

OK,

Can you try connecting:

1. Another mouse...........I guess that you are using a PS2 one (small circular connection)
    2. A serial mouse
    3. A USB mouse

Hey, you may have to borrow from friends?

Put in your XP disc and re-install with the "repair" option. Actually, better try that before other mice?

This could be virtually anything...............we need to narrow it down?

Cheers

Re: My mouse is pissing me off

Originally posted here by stickmansquark
    pointers
    pun?

Anyhow, what about a system restore to a point when it was in good operation?

Time to give your mouse to your cat. And if you don't own a cat, then you could just mash it with a hammer, (Stress Relief ).
    Anyhow it sounds like your mouse is a little bit broken, so i'd just suggest trying a different mouse, and if that works then you know that you have ta replace the broken one.
    Or like the others suggested try the system restore process.
    Or just insert your XP disc and use the Repair function, like nihil mentioned.

Anyhow best of luck solving this problem.

Just a last minute thought, have you ran your Av? Don't know why i'm suggesting this, but maybe you've been infected..

cheers
    .:front2bak:.

Did you install the software that came with your mouse? Sometimes that has caused funny things to happen with mice I have had in the past. (I dont install the software anymore though) Uninstall the software if you have installed it.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

i agree with CXGJarrod..

Not a cpommon problem to restart the computer with a mouse right click..

could also be some thing else.. is Automatic restart set (ticked ) in startup and recovery?
    ((Control Panel - System Properties - Advanced - Startup And recovery - Settings)

If it is ticked then you are missing a wonderful tool.. the BSOD.. ..

You could also go into the system logs and see what the errors are that are being recorded..

If you hate XP that much why aren't you using another operating system? I hate all operating systems.. So I work hard to learn wht I can about those I need to work with.. What i hate most about most Operating systems is what i don't yet know or understand.. those areas I do understand and know about- well that I use to get my job done. or help others..

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

stickmansquark,

Well How is the Problem..?.. did you get anywhere or do you need more information?

Post back so we know if we helped

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Definatly try using a different mouse and see if the problem persists.