Thread: tppabs html tag?

tppabs html tag?

Does anyone know what this tag does. I found it on a site and I have no clue what it does. Looked everywhere--nada. It looks like a link tag. Anyways, satisfy my curiosity and earn some of those green thingies.

<a href="Perl_5_by_Example/index.htm" tppabs="http://uberhax0r.net/books/Perl_5_by_Example/">Perl 5 By Example </a><br>
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

http://www.tenmax.com/teleport/support.htm

Q: I notice that the HTML pages Teleport creates will have "tppabs" tags in them. What are these and can I remove them?
    A: The tppabs tags are created and used by Teleport as part of its Link Localization system. You can prevent the tags from being inserted by turning OFF Link Localization on the Project Properties, Browsing/Mirroring page; but then the links between files may not work correctly in the offline copy.
    If your wondering what this "teleport" thing is-

http://www.tenmax.com/teleport/pro/home.htm

Teleport Pro is an all-purpose high-speed tool for getting data from the Internet. Launch up to ten simultaneous retrieval threads, access password-protected sites, filter files by size and type, search for keywords, and much more. The most fully-featured and robust webspider available, Teleport Pro handles today's more complex websites flawlessly. Capable of reading HTML 4.0, CSS 2.0, and DHTML, Teleport is the only webspider that really finds all of the files on all of the sites. And with side image map exploration, automatic dial-up connecting, Java applet support, variable exploration depths, project scheduling, and relinking abilities, Teleport Pro is quite simply the best there is. Teleport Pro can--

Download all or part of a website to your computer, enabling you to browse the site directly from your hard disk at much greater speeds than if you were to browse the site online
    Create an exact duplicate, or mirror of a website, complete with subdirectory structure and all required files
    Search a website for files of a certain type and size
    Download a list of files at known addresses
    Explore every website linked from a central website
    Search a website for keywords
    Make a list of all pages and files on a website

And the prize goes to fatphantom!!! Everyone give him a round of applause. Thank you for not only helping me find out what that is, but also showming me a new app to play with!
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-