Thread: Online Security Tutorials

Lightbulb Online Security Tutorials

I was wondering if any of you knew of any online security tutorials. Extensive ones. I can't currently attend a class of any sort.

I also noticed that there are very few ways to learn remote access, hacking, cracking, or anything of the like that doesn't involve a dial-up connection, or Telnet. How specifically is an exploit...um..exploited.

Ex.

a browser (for sake of example, IE6) has a buffer overflow vulnerability. how is that used?

One mor question, how can you hack websites? I'm not asking for a tutorial, just how its done. Do you have to hack the server and transfer files? Or with something like Angelfire, would you have to get into the server and crack passwords?

Thanx
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

I am going to save you the wrath of everyone else just delete your post before you get the 10,000.

"Go away, this is not a hacking site." "N00b" "You skiddy kiddy"

and on and on and on. Dude if you really want to know PM me and I will set you in the right Direction.

Look dude you can be whatever you want to be, you can do whatever you want. I am just telling you what people are going to think when they see your post. That is it.

No Script Kiddie

I'm no script kiddie. I know little of security, but don't attempt any hacking that's not localized. I would like to learn more of security. There is a chance that I can set-up wargames at my school in the spring of next year. We have a million old PII's we can work with. I'd just like more background information about the subject.

I mainly work with Windows, Linux doesn't support the device for my DSL, so that's out. Nor do I know much of bash anyways. But like I said, most of the information I find is dedicated to hacking...but in the 1980's, and is of no help to me. I'd rather not use Telnet, or any other of the such. The only hacks that I actually know how to do, with success, is NetBIOS. But that was on another PC on the DSL connection in the house anyways.

As for n00b. Yes, for security. But far from when it comes to the Windows enviroment. I also have knowledge in C++, JAVA, HTML, VC++, BASIC, and more. I'm not just someone looking to hack hotmail accounts or someone's PC for fun, this is a career of interest for me.

I also noticed that there are very few ways to learn remote access, hacking, cracking, or anything of the like that doesn't involve a dial-up connection, or Telnet. How specifically is an exploit...um..exploited.

a browser (for sake of example, IE6) has a buffer overflow vulnerability. how is that used?
    This was talked about here not long ago. Here is the link. vulnerabilites - Just wondering?

One mor question, how can you hack websites? I'm not asking for a tutorial, just how its done. Do you have to hack the server and transfer files? Or with something like Angelfire, would you have to get into the server and crack passwords?
    This has been discussed alot here...

Here`s a link - http://www.antionline.com/showthread...site+for+noobs

Use the search feature here and you`ll find alot of stuff to read.
    NORML

Signature image is too tall!

Hey, http://www.windowsecurity.com/whitepaper/ has a nice whitepapers section.

~c4nt

I was wondering if any of you knew of any online security tutorials. Extensive ones. I can't currently attend a class of any sort.
    Too broad a question narrow it down a bit i think you just want to ./ thats fine with me thats you're choice right ?

gcc -o exploit exploit.c /* or other compiler options depends on the sploit that should work for most */

Ex.

Malicious script's planted in web pages !

Thanx
    Too broad a subject

Remote Sploit's Basic but should set you on the correct path
    Smashing The Stack For Fun and Profit
    w00 w00 on Heap Overflows
    Advances in format string exploiting

SQL injection

These are just papers that i have found someting worthy of knowing in there many other ways to abuse things
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

AxessTerminated, you should have a look at MsMittens' "Wargames Complete Series: PDF" here:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=252513

As far as linux goes, you said you have a year to learn, and with your background of other programming languages, bash should not be too hard to learn. You don't need to be hooked up to the net to carry out your wargames or exploits. MsMittens does a great job explaining this. Also check out this site in setting up your own security lab:
    http://security.itworld.com/4354/031...ab/page_1.html

I got much better feedback than expected. Much of the material given/linked to me was very useful, especially the link to the other AO forum, had more links in it. I see that I have alot more to learn than I had thought. Best get moving then...

Thanks all for your help on the subject.

my favorite method would be trial and error on a home lan
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!