Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PyScan - HT's Scanner

Thanks jdenny - that fixed the problem. I'm now getting the same errors as you if I don't add the correct command line flags - something like that would be useful to have in.

Edit: I ran the script against my router from the outside and it says that port 23 is open (telnet) but Shield's Up at grc.com disagrees with this and says that the port is stealthed (as is port 80 - but pyscan says that this is closed).
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Hey Hey,

Thanks for the feedback. That b will be the death of me. I'm using an IDE called Eric3 and everytime I save the code, it puts that b in there and i have to go in with vi and remove it. I guess I forgot to that time.

As for the crashing when you give no options, this is a new one for me. It was just going blank before [That's right, I modified how it handled variables]. I just went under the assumption that most people would attempt -h after the command. I guess I shouldn't make assumptions. I'll fix that for the next beta.

As far as the UDP Scan, I'm not sure what's going on there.. I'm going to have to see if python's UDP implementation is bogus.

As far as saying that port 23 is open when it's not, that's an interesting one. That's the first report I've had of a false positive. Basically the way the code works is it attempts a connection, if it could attempt, it breaks off the connection and returns true or false. I'll take a look into this and see if I can replicate it any further.

Thanks guys (and gals).

Peace,
    HT

Hey Hey,

I've still yet to find false positives from the TCP side of the scanner, but I'm still testing. The UDP side is another story.... Anyways Here's the latest release.

I've fixed the problem that jenny was having, now if you enter the command only, it'll display the usage and exit cleanly. It also excepts keyboard interupts (ctrl+c) and exits cleaning when it recieves those. I've fixed some bugs in the html output and cleaned up the error with the extra b on line 92. I also modified the code so that it only displays open ports. My next goal is to modify it to accept the ports from the command line. I'll be working on that for the next 4 hours, but I wanted to throw this up on the off chance that someone would solve my UDP problem

Peace,
    HT

Hey Hey,

For those of you following this thread. I have posted the first RC in another thread as the code is not up for review but use. If you wish to download this release or read the related posts you can view them here -- http://www.antionline.com/showthread...&postid=736839

Peace,
    HT