Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To make Google love you

To make Google love you

I was reading this article about how racist people "Google bomb" to put their anti-scemetic(sp) sites on the net. Personally it disgusts me, especially since I am half jewish, but...

Google bomb seemed like and interesting topic so I was thinking.. If you made sites that were filled with hyperlinks to a site (AO for example) that were labeled with different searches as a form of advertising, is that abusing Google or just good advertising ploy? Also, is it legal?

-Cheers-

AO French Antique News Whore
    It's legal. Google said it was a minor problem right now but they might look into in in the future if it's get too much exploit.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Re: To make Google love you

Originally posted here by PM8228
    Google bomb seemed like and interesting topic so I was thinking.. If you made sites that were filled with hyperlinks to a site (AO for example) that were labeled with different searches as a form of advertising, is that abusing Google or just good advertising ploy? Also, is it legal?

-Cheers-
    I do some SEO for my company and this is what I have heard. Google does look for link farms. If google sees that you have a page entirely of links, it will give that page a lower page rank than another page and the pages that the page links to will not recieve any higher page rank. If you have content (with keywords) on all those pages that link to your site, then Google will see it as a legit site.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Ok. That is pretty cool.

-Cheers-

I really think that yes everything has a right to be posted on the internet however when it comes to cases like this when a jew types in jew oin google all he will see is hate and how about people exploring what it is about.

it's like when you put in 9\11 or twin towers you see islamic websites syaing how good it was for the basterds to do such a thing
    Every thing that has a begining has an end.

try doing an im feelin lucky search for "frenc military victories". that one's funny.

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Try doing an Im Feeling Lucky Search for "miserable failure" lol. Thats funny to.
    Also try doing it for "weapons of mass destruction" lol. I find these things funny.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

I really think that yes everything has a right to be posted on the internet however when it comes to cases like this when a jew types in jew oin google all he will see is hate and how about people exploring what it is about.
    Why would a Jewish person type "Jew" into a search engine? I always thought that was sort of a derogatory term? I could be wrong though.

Oh and about the weapons of mass destruction, that's pretty funny

AFLAAACKKK!!
    yeh I thought those google tricks were funny to lol, I think we need some humor on this site every now and then.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Originally posted here by Nytrokiss

it's like when you put in 9\11 or twin towers you see islamic websites syaing how good it was for the basterds to do such a thing
    Isnt that the whole purpose of the internet. (To be able to express your opinion however crazy it is?) I suppose that is a topic for cosmos though...
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)