Thread: Visio style Network Flowcharting in Linux?

Visio style Network Flowcharting in Linux?

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't find a place where this question really fit in, so I put it here. At work we have several networks based on different OS's, that are not connected together. As a result, I tend to keep track of almost everything in Visio.

Reccently I switch over to RedHat 9, and while OpenOffice does have most of the paperwork related tools I need, I haven't been able to locate a flowcharting program like Visio. Does anyone out there know of one that I can take a look at?

Thanks!
    ~ I'm NOT insane! I've just been in a bad mood for the last 30 years! ~ Somepeople are like Slinky's: Not good for anything, but the thought of pushing them down the stairs brings a smile to your face!

Get CrossOver Office ($60)
    http://www.codeweavers.com/site/products/cxoffice/

CrossOver Office allows you to install your favorite Windows productivity applications in Linux, without needing a Microsoft Operating System license. CrossOver includes an easy to use, single click interface, which makes installing a Windows application simple and fast.

Once installed, your application will integrate directly with your Gnome or KDE environment. Just click and run your application, exactly as you would in Windows, but with the full freedom of Linux.

CrossOver Office is capable of running a range of Windows software, but CodeWeavers will support the following applications:

Microsoft Office XP, 2000 and 97
    Microsoft Word
    Microsoft Excel
    Microsoft PowerPoint
    Microsoft Outlook *
    Microsoft Internet Explorer
    Microsoft Access *
    Adobe Photoshop
    Microsoft Visio
    Lotus Notes
    Quicken
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I don't know how well it will fit your needs, but I've used Dia for planning some programs I've written and it worked well enought for me. It's Open Source and seems stable enough to use.

Originally posted here by Archangel-13
    I don't know how well it will fit your needs, but I've used Dia for planning some programs I've written and it worked well enought for me. It's Open Source and seems stable enough to use.
    The only problem with DIA is that it cannot open up Visio files because they are a proprietary format. Cool program though.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I wanted to thank you all for the suggestions and help! Dia looks really good, and I can redo most of my drawings in it, verses having to import my current Visio drawings, and CrossOver Office is going to ROCK in my enginnering dept

Thanks again!
    MrCoffee
    ~ I'm NOT insane! I've just been in a bad mood for the last 30 years! ~ Somepeople are like Slinky's: Not good for anything, but the thought of pushing them down the stairs brings a smile to your face!