Thread: What's this org all about?

What's this org all about?

I ran thru this website and got a bit disturbed by their claims.

http://www.web-police.org/

Has anyone ever joined that website? What's that all about? Do they actually claim to be real police?

I don't see anything wrong with a security minded community , but notice how they want you to report a crime directly to them, instead of reporting crimes to the proper authorities.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    I ran thru this website and got a bit disturbed by their claims.

http://www.web-police.org/

Has anyone ever joined that website? What's that all about? Do they actually claim to be real police?

I don't see anything wrong with a security minded community , but notice how they want you to report a crime directly to them, instead of reporting crimes to the proper authorities.
    If you have questions like this pertaining to that particular site then contact webmaster@web-police.org or read the FAQ on that site. If you still have no luck run that site IP address through an whois database and get the Admin information call him or email him. They should answer the questions you have. Hope this helps ComputerNerd22

Very clever, I'm gonna ask a poser if he's a poser. I think you misunderstood the point here.

They seem to have set themselves up as a screening organization. After reading through their reporting procedures:
    #

Every effort is made to resolve each case "without" the need for criminal prosecution.
    #

Cases requiring prosecution are forwarded to the appropriate law enforcement agency for action.
    #

Cases submitted that prove to be false, misleading and/or retaliatory, are forwarded to the proper authorities for prosecution and/or other legal action.
    And I would assume from reading the material presented, they deal with web scams and crime only, even if it doesn't specifically say so.
    It would seem to be a usefull service, if they don't misuse it themselves.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown