Thread: Lindows?

Question Lindows?

I was wondering what you all thought of the OS Lindows? I haven't heard that much about it so I was wondering if it was any good.
    - Nu77

\"Nothing is impossible\"

I prefer window/Linux operating system than lindows coz i have try that lindows and it similiar with windows system , I think lindows not really good at all , i suggest you not to use that system but if you really wanted to try thats ok coz you will know waht would it be ok

To clear up any misunderstanding. Lindows is "Linux: it does not run Windows software without the use of third party software such as an emulator. It is very easy to use and it runs software setup easy such as Apt_Get or RPMs in a Click N Run (CNR) Format. I have been using Lindows on one of my home systems and I admit, it is not open to 100% configuration like all the other Linux distros. It is made to be fairly user friendly and it is a lot of fun to use. It is a cheap alternative to Windows and a stepping stone to learn Lindows. I suggest for anyone wanting to learn Linux the easiest way possible. Lindows is a great start, you can find the LiveCD free on most P2P networks.

desktop

a little file holder

ITG: Hopefully you know that you are posting pictures of what looks like your SUV and ppl before a wedding?

Lindows is that good, eh?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Well I have just started with it, and it certainly looks very viable as an "off the shelf" alternative to Windows. OK it is not as "configurable" as other distros, but I guess it is aimed at a market where people don't want to "configure" anything?

It presents a bit of a headache to virus authors though...............(see attachment)

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    I think Lindows would make a great small to medium office desktop interface as it does a few things a little bit easier:

1: makes it harder to download and install every win32 app out there.
    2: harder to exploit with the standard run-of-the-mill "virii".
    3: provides the standard internet/intranet connectivity and office stuff.

From what I've seen, it's a bit easier if this is all you're using it for because administration can't be that bad on machines that do just the above and aren't native win32.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.