Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: hackthissite.org

Damn i'm up ta level 5 and i'm looking fine..

To pass this level, download this Visual Basic 3.0 program and enter the correct username/password to proceed to the next level.
    Oh now it's just getting to easy. .
    Mind you after drinking a 3 mugs of Coffee and a huge slice of Mud Cake, i'm suddenly feeling alive

f2b

You have to know I have never succeeded at passing the level with the java applet (level 3 I think), I must be really overlooking something. (It's been a while too since I've been there but I don't think I'd find it now).
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

app3: i believe i've used a sniffer for this one, and when you send the request to the site, you get a false back, but also the true s/n i believe..

can't check it now, cause i'm at work and a sniffer doesn't work on this networkcard

app4: get a hold of the proggie api spy....

have fun..

o and b.t.w. there are some app's that need reverse engineering, but only changing the JNZ to JE and that kind of stuff, so it's pretty easy....

Hmm, I don't get how that proggie should help. But I have the feeling I am overlooking something in the way it might be useful.

EDIT: I need help on level 4 of try2hack.nl , I decompiled the class file, I just don't get where I would find the password, this code is very confusing.
    It reads something but how??? inURL is null????
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

hey el-half did you want the user name and pass word?

if "yes" Then check the next post
    If not then don't view it..

i'll make it hidden for yah

cheers F2b

Level 4 code

appletking <---username
    pieceofcake <----password

cheers
    f2b

I rather like to know how to get it.

www.elhalf.com

don't bother for the class file in level 4, just check your temp inet files for more files ( a .txt file)

it will be there in plain text...

? Level 5 ?
    The password and username are in plain text in the visual basic executable.
    Yet it when I enter them it says incorrect password and/or password ??

www.elhalf.com

that is a boobytrap in the executable....

i've searched the hell out for a vb3 decompiler, but haven't found it yet...
    perhaps it is possible to decompile it with vb reformer, smartcheck or ollydbg, just search for those tools....