Thread: Wifi internet

Wifi internet

Hi over here in Ireland they are putting in free wifi internet access in the airports now if these are not secured right (wich i doubt they will be) wouldnt it be very possible to be sitting in your car with free net access?
    They will start charging in june so i was just wondering how they will ahve to go about securing them
    Thanks in advance
    Visit my Website
    www.a0tu.com

I imagine that they will secure them when it comes to start charging for them - but there isn't much point (from a commercial perspective) to securing them at the moment I guess. What's the point in spending money preventing unauthorised access when anyone can use the service for free? There will probably be a disclaimer stating that the airport is not responsible if someone reads your data over the wireless connection.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I would imagine they would sell you a temporary user name or password, and without working one, you're denied access. The user/pass expires after a set amount of time, which is however long you purchase access for. The same as internet cafes do it in airports now, mostly.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

I find that unlikely as they are not even doing that in internet cafes over here yet (outrageous prices anyways) Also it would have to be updated often as exploits are always being found. I think that this will not be updated either, does anyone here live in a country doing this if so what are they doing to protect them how are they being kept secure if they ate and can they stand up to the common idiot vandalizing them
    Visit my Website
    www.a0tu.com