Thread: Terminal server not allowing logon..

Terminal server not allowing logon..

We have remote workers that login to a 2003 server with RDP on winxp. before we ran the 120 days of terminal server out on our term server that we use to let them connect to, we bought 4 user cals. I installed the term serv licenseing server on our 2003 domain controller and activated it and ran through the wizard that contacts the MS server to pull down the license pak. After all configuration was complete I tried to termserv to that server and I would get a message stating that I did not have access to connect to that session. After going over every setting and verifying that all permissions were correct, I still recieved the same error.
    I threw some things around in my office and stormed outside for a bit to think outside of the box and then got a snack out of the snack machine and came back in sat down and tried to logon again and I was granted access. It worked. I'm curious, will the aforementioned actions fix all unexplained items or did I just need to wait on something?
    I'm curious in case I encounter this again.
    Thanks
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.

you just needed to wait for replication of the OK from MS. BUt go ahead and try throwing things around...that works often for me.

so does kicking the server, threatening it, yelling at it, some times begging it.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Thanks. I was curious as to how that whole license thing worked anyway. I used the automatic method with the select licensing type. It took about 15 minutes after the install before I Was allowed to login......

Next time I will throw some things around for Good measure and General Principle.

(Better than beating a server with a toilet plunger, **Yes, I have witnessed this with my own eyes. But that is another story and shall be told another time**)
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.