Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adware cnannot be remove by s&d n ad..

adware cnannot be remove by s&d n ad..

the adware is sumthing like below..
    sumtimes when u open an internet explorer... or u close the internet explorer.. the adware appear..
    there r diff pops up..
    the first 1 is smilies asking u to choose or download..
    the second is they showing 6 picture , asking u to slect to be ur screen saver
    the third is an advertisment from sony..
    but they all show from the same website

can anyone tell me which adware removal can get rid this adware?

There are many add aware cleaning software... I suggest you try "Lavasoft Add Aware" - www.lavasoft.nu - be sure you update the signatures after installing.

Those add aware might be from an enhancement e.g. "cool IE toolbar" or something else you installed yourself.

Try cleaning it with lavasoft add aware. You might want to search the threads on AO here - I', sure there are many posts about spyware / add aware cleaners.

Good luck!

i haf tried using Lavasoft adaware... but it always load haf way n become very busy

It almost sounds like you are receiving messenger spam popups. This is a service that can easily be turned off. Go into your administrative tools, go to services, go to messenger and open it. Set service to disable on startup and stop the service.
    If you don't feel comfortable doing that then get this program, as it will do it for you: Stop Messenger Spam
    I would suggest that you run spybot S&D and AdAware malware removers while in safe mode also. It works a lot better that way.

Edit: Here is a site that will explain messenger spam to you.
    Messenger Spam Site

\"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

You might also try to get a free pop-up blocker tool, in case these pop-ups are not just Messenger related. Google Bar is a very useful tool [when using IE] and it comes with a pop-up blocker. Most firewalls [not a bad idea getting one of those - ZoneAlarm is free, so is Kerio] have a built-in blocker too.
    /\\

but it always load haf way n become very busy
    When you say it "Loads Half way" do you mean that the console dosen't appear?
    or it get half way through a scann ? or It won't install?
    HAve you tried Spybot S&D ?(Your text shortcuts make it hard to work out what you are asking)

If it was the first one.. Re-visit Lavasoft.. you may have a Parasite in there that is preventing Ad-aware from running.. There is a program they now have that may help.. You set it running before you start AdAware.. Used it for the first time today helps on the Adawre Blocking parasites..

Failing that.. Get ahold of HiJackThis and post the log here..and some one will help you cleanup the problem
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

When you say it "Loads Half way" do you mean that the console dosen't appear?
    or it get half way through a scann ? or It won't install?
    I wondered about that too, but just assumed (I know I shouldn't assume) that he got to about 20k files and then it appears to lock up....gets ansy and kills the program....lol AdAware goes into a deep scanning mode about 20k files and doesn't update its counter untill it reaches 25-26k files. If you don't watch your HD indicater light, you can't even tell it is working.
    I didn't know that AdAware had brought out a parasite blocking reducer ( what ever you would call it) Thanks, Und3ertak3r.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Now what ticks me is I went back to the Lavasoft site to get a link to the info page.. now can't find it.. the program name is AAWCloak.exe .

I was following a link where one person had a problem with build 181 getting stuck on a particular registry key.. I was suprised how no one asked Where in the reg the Key was and or a copy of the key or sub tree.. See this thread :

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index...howtopic=23894

So if this is your problem as well. is it the same key?

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

I know ecactly what you need. I had the same thing hapenning to my computer when i first got it. Use the tool atached

ps sorry for my spelling

Speaking of Shoot the Messenger, here is a link to the GRC site>>

http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm