Thread: Eliminating One Of Two OSs

Eliminating One Of Two OSs

Alright, im running WinXP Home, on a laptap. I was recently playing around with BootXP but i ended up not liking it. When i uninstalled it, it left me with two default OS's to boot up from, both the same thing.

Heres the contents of my boot.ini:

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]

If i changed the 1 after partition to 0 would it make it only one default OS, so it would eliminate the hassle of choosing an OS at boot up which is really redundant since theyre the same? Or would i have to add a path under operating systems? If these arent it, how would i do it? This is beyond my knowledge haha .

Edit:
    Im not too sure if adding something like *multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="OS 1 Microsoft Windows XP Home"* under operating systems would direct it to a default single OS to boot on, and the lack of it would give me options these options ive been getting?

AO French Antique News Whore
    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

This is my boot.ini for WinXP (Only one Os on this System)

Look like your missing the last line.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Ahh many thanks, now to find what it is for good ole XP Home, even though its probably the obvious (multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect), i want to make sure

Edit: Found the correct format, was what i thought, now to test it.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Np.
    -Simon \"SDK\"