Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to control the volume of a stereo

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

I want to control the volume of a stereo

I want to control the volume of my brother's sun of the mill 6 disk CD changer. he turns it up really loud and i want to remotely control his volume from my computer is it possible? i will get you the spects on his radio ASAP
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

This is security???? Sounds more like you want to hack his sterio.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

i want to control the volume of a stereo

I want to control the volume of my brother's sun of the mill 6 disk CD changer. he turns it up really loud and i want to remotely control his volume from my computer is it possible? i will getyou the spects on his stereo ASAP
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

??? Why did you post the same topic twice ???
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Sure, put a variable resistor inline with his speaker cables, drill a hole through his wall to your's and then attach a very long lead to it. i.e. CD-----Variable resistor-----Speaker

Either that, or install msn messenger (or whatever you prefer) on a pc near your mum/dad and ask them to shout at him.
    \"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.\"
    A. Sachs

..or he is trying to hack my stereo...

asumeing you live in the same house what about buying a universal remote and programing it while he is away, if he is in the next room maybe drill a hole in the wall?

Two words: Universal + Remote. You could also head over to Tweeters and see if they have speaker dampners.

And, of course, you could always talk to your brother. But that's just going out on a limb, and kind of weird.

OT: Moxnix, when'd you change your signature? It gives the urge to find an old Atari machine and arouses me at the same time....

I mean....nice sig.

Edit: That was posted at the same time as the third and fourth posts (forgot the names already.) Apologies for the minor repeat.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

I don't think they make such an anmial for the PC.

Remote controls use IR and you have to be in line of sight.

I have a program for my Palm TT3 that enables me to use that as a remote, but it has an IR.

I still have to be a certain distance and within line of sight.

I've seen the remotes that go through walls, but they require a special receiver.

Is he on a different power circuit in the house? When my brother turned up his tv or music too loud... I just popped the breaker and told him that he was using too much power turning up his music like that...

The following link is so you can better understand how remote controls work.
    This one is for a TV, but they work pretty much the same way.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/inside-rc.htm
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I didnt know what topic i should post this under so i posted it everywhere i could think of because peaceful talking with my brother is impossible.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I didnt know what topic i should post this under so i posted it everywhere i could think of because peaceful talking with my brother is impossible.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted