Thread: DI-614+ Router

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

DI-614+ Router

hey yall, i just got a DI-614+ router and im trying to install it and its telling me to go to http://192.168.0.1 and when i go there all the info for my DSL modem is there but nothing on how to install the router.... in the manual it says the install wizard should start there but it doesnt... also, when i tried to DL an upgrade for the router off their website it says its a Binary Data File and i cant open it? any ideas? thanx bye,tyler.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

It sounds like you might not have the DI-614+ cabled up correctly. The jacks on the router are labled "1, 2, 3, 4, WAN". The "WAN" cable should go to the DSL modem. Plug in the power chord and let your router get an IP address. When the lights on the front get stable, then plug your computer network cable into port "1". This should allow you to get to http://192.168.0.1 . Log in with the default id/password (admin, admin? you should change this). Poke around on the menus and you should see what you need. I think that there is a "Wizard" to walk you through a DSL config. This is also where you would update the router bios. (This advice is from my memory, which is fading with age so let me know if you are still having trouble and I will fire up my router and confirm). Once you get it running you should set up WEP encryption so your neighbors can't connect to your router with a simple click of the mouse.
    [glowpurple]Which is more powerfull, knowledge or imagination?[/glowpurple]

ok thanx man. yah they say that u should log in as admin.... but i stil dont know how to DL that update... for some reason i cant open a binary data file.... and what do i do with my yellow ethernet cable that is in my comp now? since it will have to be replaced by the WAN cable.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

gotta connect as follows:
    [the box on the wall]-----[RJ11phone port{DSL modem}RJ45port]------[WANport{DI614}port1]------yellow cable-------[networkcard{your computer}]
    is dis clear as mud???
    [glowpurple]Which is more powerfull, knowledge or imagination?[/glowpurple]

Tons of docs here
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Also, most of those boxes have a upgrade utility in the admin web console. You dont neccessarily open the bin file on your computer, but through the admin web console you select it and it upgrades the firmware.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

thanx for your help.... if i need anything else i will post again.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted