Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: motherboard

motherboard

how do i noe whether my moterboard is faulty?

Re: motherboard

Originally posted here by samueltoon
    how do i noe whether my moterboard is faulty?
    Look at it to start. Look at the caps to see if they are faulty or bulging.

http://www.badcaps.net/ident/

Why do you think that it is faulty? Does it not post? Does it reboot frequently?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

ya
    every 5 times i on my com

1 of the time got prob...
    it will hang after 15 min of using
    den i restart but sumtime it cant load properly

Hi samueltoon,

You say that 1 in 5 times you have a problem:
    1. Won't start properly
    2. freezes (hangs) after 15 minutes?

I am afraid that this could be faulty capacitors on the mother board.

BUT, I think that we should eliminate software problems first?

Go into setup..............depending on your machine that will be F1, F2, F10, Delete, Escape (even TAB?) as the machine boots up..............there should be a prompt appear on the screen when you power up.

Go into "power management" turn OFF all power saving options, sleep, snooze and so on. You want it set to be on all the time...............all of it: hard drives, screen the lot.

Boot machine and go into display options. Turn off wallpaper, screensaver and all power saving options. Computer should be set to "on" all the time.

If it still hangs, ctrl+alt+del and leave it for 10 minutes....................if you can get the pop-up to appear, look for a process flagged as "not responding". Please tell us what it is if you find one (Msgsrv32?)

Another possible cause is that a build up of advertising and spy programs has caused instability?

Get the following and run them:

1. AdAware 6.0
    2. SpyBot Search & Destroy and CWShredder

Empty your browser cache and clear its history

Go to the Trend Micro website and run "Housecall", their online virus scanner.

Make sure that you are only running one active anti virus and one firewall.

Uninstall any trial software whose trial period has expired.

Edit your "startup" and remove any programs that you do not need ALL the time.

Let us know what happens

Good luck

samueltoon:

I also would guess bad capacitators on your MOBO. See the link posted by CXGJarrod.

I had a IBM e-server that did that. They didn't just buldge though... the tops were split open.

It would reboot itself every 20 min or so. However, sometimes it would just hang for a bit before rebooting itself.

However, it could be software as nihil pointed out. You may want to check out the programs he listed. I would just look at the mobo first.

BTW: Did you take spelling/english classes from NFG?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

i reboot the com..
    not self reboot..

btw
    if i press f1/f2/f10 will go into the page that will format my com

Hi samueltoon,

Yes, the F1/F2/F10 will let you change the way in which your PC starts...................It will NOT format your hard drive What we need to do is remove the instructions that do power saving, as these can cause conflicts and system freezing, as I have seen many times. I am trying to eliminate probable software causes of your problems.

You are going into a thing called "setup", please remember to save your changes when you exit, and it will continue to boot.

I understand that English is not your first language.......just keep asking until you understand, If you find this difficult, use the PM (private message) system

I understand you, the machine freezes and you have to reboot it . It does not do it by itself............that is why I suggested that the problem might be software. [ If I might be allowed some English humour? "Microsoft-ware"?]

Cheers

~Phish.................shame on you! the gentleman is from Singapore..............a nice 48 hour stopover if you are going into NFG's territory

nihil: thanks for pointing that out. I forgot my sigapore decoder ring at home today...

I misunderstoon. My bad.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

erm...
    from wat u say..
    if i rephrase...will be

if i reformat my com... n the prob of freezing does not occurs anymore...
    it will be a software prob

if i reformat my com... n the prob does not go away , it will be theprob of motherboard

is that true?

Hi,

That is almost it, but remember that in display manager (windows) you should turn off the screensaver and power saving features as well.

You should also disable the startup of programs you do not need all the time.

Then you need to check for adware and spyware that might have installed itself. I recently fixed a computer that kept freezing...............it had 106 of them on it!

Try the power management and display manager, and if that does not work, I will talk you through the next stage.

Cheers