Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About to buy a guitar...

About to buy a guitar...

I am about to buy an accoustic guitar, the problem is, I know nothing about them.
    I went through a pdf-catalogue of a shop and prices start at €225 'till €3800.
    I'm going to buy a second hand one though, but now I get an idea of what it may cost.
    Can anyone give advice on what I should spend to have something that sounds a bit decent?
    I find these guitars on e-bay for about €100, are they crap? Should I spend more or is that okay?
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

yes..almost every guitar you find for under 100 $ will be sh!t...unless its some old lady that foind a 1942 gibson in her attic..and though it was worth nothing...and sold it to me :-D

are you a beginer?...if so..i would buy a stagg...or a vernandez...

if you want to step it up..get an ibanez...or alborez...or a gibson..i have 7guitars..an epiphone, and encore(bass) a stagg , a fernandez, 2 gibsons , and an ibanez

Just buy one you like...buying used is very smart...most of mine i bought used...you could get a very nice one for anywhere between 200- 4000 $

Cheers
    let me know what you deside
    THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE, YOU HAVE 5 TRIAL USES LEFT

hmm 1st they take my profile pic now my signature hrmm im going to have to start copyrighting things
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Ok, some of those €100 guitars on e-bay are new. They look okay but I can't judge guitars at all...
    Is the difference in sound between a €200 and a €4000 guitar huge?
    If I pay like €150 for a second hand one that is only a year old would that be a good deal?
    (New price lies definitly above €200)

ButtSniffer, you seem to be talking about electrical guitars, I'm not buying an electric guitar he!
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Is this guitar for example crap or not?: http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI...2&category=621

Description: dreadnought acoustic guitar w/linden top - back & sides : linden - fingerboard & bridge : black stained maple - machine heads: diecast, lack - finish: highgloss - colour: NATUREL

www.elhalf.com

Like most anything else, you'll get what you pay for. If you are serious about learning how to play, then be serious about the quality of your guitar as well. There are all kinds of problems with buying one of lesser quality. Having played elec & accoustics since the 70's, the two accoustics I prefer over all others is a Martin or a Gibson because of their deep rich tone and of course the physical quality. Starting price around $800.00. If you can, visit many guitar shops first and listen closely to the differing brands. If you know someone who has played for a long time, take them with you and have them play some songs on each of the different brands and sit back and listen. Be as picky with your guitar as you are with buying a car or building a computer.

cheers

Wow, I'm not going to spend $800 on a guitar, I am a complete beginner you know so....

www.elhalf.com

Sorry about the shock factor el-half, that's starting price for those new. I'm sure you can find used ones with alot of life left in them. You'll want to study up on buying used guitars though. There are some neck and fret issues you'll want to be aware of before you buy.

Is a $225 new guitar worth something?
    Some guy in our school has a €500 guitar and he plays the guitar for about 10 years, I thought his guitar sounded GREAT.

www.elhalf.com