Thread: FDA Approves Human Brain Implant Devices

Banned

FDA Approves Human Brain Implant Devices

For years, futurists have dreamed of machines that can read minds, then act on instructions as they are thought. Now, human trials are set to begin on a brain-computer interface involving implants.

If successful, the chips could allow patients to command a computer to act — merely by thinking about the instructions they wish to send.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...brain_implants

Interesting, but I dont think I want one in my head yet. Lots of computer devices have had faults or some way to break into them, so I would be a little worried about putting a chip into my brain. Who knows though, maybe oneday you will be able to get a T1 attached to your brain.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Too futuristic?

I see too many people who need a brain implanted in the first instance...............or at least to Read The Fine Manual for the one they already have?

Sorry.............it's been one of those weeks.............have a good week-end all

I suppose then you have to choose if you want a Windows or Linux powered brain.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Well, it will make a rather novel defense in criminal cases of the future.
    "Gee, I use Windows for my implants, and it must have crashed again, your honor".
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

hell yeah i would use it.... do you have ANY idea how fast you could type?!? It'd be like Mavis Beacon on speed....

imagine the gaming... aim a gun with your eyes and stuff.

But then adware would blow... you'd be talking to your boss and then all of a sudden the chip makes you start talking about how your weenee extended 2x its size.

maybe you'd get a raise?
    ewww not that kind you sicko
    /me barfs