Thread: Netscreen!!!please Help

Angry Netscreen!!!please Help

Hey guys and gals,

I was wondering if someone can help me please. I just bought a netscreen ns-100a for this guy which was a scammer..... anyways...he told me that the box is set to default>Of course the box is not and I can't get in. I os version is lower 2.01 so the serial number login in does not work. Some please advise or can help me on this issue. Thanks

Best Regards,
    ThesimpleMan

I would suggest that you contact the manufacturer for the default password for earlier models? or search the net.

As you have the actual model and serial number, I am sure the manufacturer will help?

After all if you leave the box on default or allow physical access to the serial number (later models)
    you don't know anything about security...............?

Cheers

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Did you try the serial number for the username and pass? The default is the serial number for both username and pass.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

I have tried the serial login but the OS is 1.63. You need a later OS version for that to work.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Like nihil has pointed out then, i would recomend you to contact the manufacturer, and explain the problem to them. There should be a way to reset it if you have physical access to it.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

This is driving me up the wall.....!! The rep said that the can not help me because the entitlement has expired. For them to help me, I need to subscribe an new one in which will cost me an arm and a leg. I need OS 2.61 or greater to reset this box. Can some please help or advise if there is some other way...

Best Regards,
    the man that was robbed.

Well I think that is pretty mean/greedy of them

As I do not know this particular box I can only give you some general advice.

1. See if you can find the service or technical manual on their site or the net and see if there isn't a reset switch or button.............it will almost certainly be inside the case, as it is pretty much an assumption that these boxes are kept physically secure., at least from someone with enough time to use a screwdriver?

2. Try a google search for the product/manufacturer then do a search within results for "reset" I am guessing that given the manufacturer's response there will be others that have had the same problem.

It may take a little while but I found out how to manually clear the non-volatile e-prom chip in a Dell Inspiron this way

Good luck

EDIT: I have just done a quick "google" myself..............the concensus is that it cannot be done for that model & software version...........it has to go back to netscreen who will charge you, or you take out a new service contract and get v2.6.1

Sorry to have to say it, but it looks like you bought a brick.