Thread: sendmail config in linux

sendmail config in linux

I can configure my sendmail on localhost in such a way to send messages from my domain, but hotmail percieves it as junk problably because 127.0.0.1 apears in the bottom of the headers. In atempt to resolve this conflict I decided to configure sendmail to listen to 24.101.x.x instead of localhost, but I only recieve relay denied messages from sendmail. I dont understand why.

/etc/mail/access:

localhost.localdomain RELAY
    localhost RELAY
    127.0.0.1 RELAY
    spoofed.org RELAY

I get the following when sending email:

RCPT TO <user@hotmail.com> failed: <user@hotmail.com>... Relaying denied

In my sendmail.cf I have the following:

O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=24.101.x.x, Name=MTA

C{E}root
    C{w}spoofed.org

So as sendmail listens on 24.101.x.x, and mail client outgoing server is 24.101.x.x

If I change DomainPortOptions back to 127.0.0.1 the 'relaying denyed' error disapears. But the hotmail problem comes back.

Can someone help me either resolve the relay denyed or tell hotmail I am not junk?

It sounds to me like you are having a dns resolution issue, as when sendmail checks the sender against the list it isn't authorizing you to relay.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

I think so too, but am unsure how to go abouts tracking it down. I know that a reverse dns lookup on my domain does return the corect ip, I also know that my isp uses DHCP and so my computer has a domain from DHCP and the domain I siggned up for at www.no-ip.com

I asked www.no-ip.com to store my ip which is static, for the domain I choose, then I added the domain to the access, and also my sendmail.cf, I thought that sendmail would compare the host inside my host table, to the host of the access table and then reverse dns and see I realy am who I say I am.