Thread: Flaky Internet

Flaky Internet

My internet has been pretty flaky as of late. The problem is usually fixed by unplugging the rounter and the cable modem for 5 to 10 minutes then reconnecting them. Is this a hardware problem? Is there something I can do short of buying new gear?

-Cheers-

Well you put it in hardware so check for temperature? particularly fan operation & good circulation in the router.

Feel the cases................seem unusually hot?

If it is the modem, then you will need new kit.............if you can disconnect try a stand alone box direct through the modem. If you still have the problems then it is the modem/ISP if not it is the router?

Cheers

Thanks a bunch nihil. It turned out that the router was having "issues". Thanks though.

-Cheers-

Originally posted here by PM8228
    Thanks a bunch nihil. It turned out that the router was having "issues". Thanks though.

-Cheers-
    Do you have the latest firmware on the router? (Upgrades usually fix bugs and such)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)