Thread: RD Ram PC800

Question RD Ram PC800

Where can I find this for cheap? I looked at tigerdirect, they have a stick of 512 for $224.99

I might just buy 2 sticks of 256 or save up for two sticks of 512. Who knows.

My motherboard has for slots, each can hold a minimum of 128MB and a maximum of 512MB.

I might just end up buying a new motherboard, but that all depends on how well my new GeForce 5900XT will work on AGP4X. I know it will be limited to how hard the card will work, but how much of a difference is AGP4X than AGP8X?

2 times...

Whoah!

Hold on there and check those MoBo memory specs ................four slots with a maximum of 512Mb? be careful, it may NOT be 2Gb of PC800..............I bet it isn't.................more like 512Mb? then maybe 2GB of slower memory............seen that all too often, even with quite expensive boards

As for AGP...............well John is right, but the card specs matter as well, like what does it support?

And do you have a decent monitor?...............otherwise you won't see what it can do?

It is all about balanced components mate............trust me

Cheers

Senior since the 3 dot era
    RDRAM is expensive, I was searching for exactly the same and was able to buy two sticks second hand, doubling memory in a workstation... I suggest to do the same, make sure to get RD RAM that has the same specs, best is to have all of the same brand, type, speed, production this ensures stability.