Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning to program from a security point of view

Just Another Geek
    The easiest language to learn is IMHO Perl. It's also the most platform independent language I know. You can use it for anything; cgi scripts, log-analyzers, filters, anything you can think of.

What is Perl?
    Perl is a general-purpose programming language originally developed for text manipulation and now used for a wide range of tasks including system administration, web development, network programming, GUI development, and more.

The language is intended to be practical (easy to use, efficient, complete) rather than beautiful (tiny, elegant, minimal). Its major features are that it's easy to use, supports both procedural and object-oriented (OO) programming, has powerful built-in support for text processing, and has one of the world's most impressive collections of third-party modules.
    http://www.cpan.org
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Originally posted here by Cybr1d
    Mainly Assembly Language is used...for its complex functions.
    Assembly Language does not have 'complex' functions, it barely has functions at all if I remember correctly, all the "functions" you have to code yourself, so it's really not a good choice for beginers. C++ would do fine.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

You're absolutely right Noia...lol I dont even know where I got that now that I read it over.

Python

Python Website

Regards,
    Riotgirl
    \"Don\'t worry. I don\'t have low self-esteem. It\'s a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else\".