Thread: Master and Slave issues...acess not granted!

Master and Slave issues...acess not granted!

Hi there, yesterday i spent the hole day mastering and resolving problems with the help of people over here, and now..today, i have one more problem!

Here´s the thing: 2 disk´s, both with windows installed, but one of them is slave of course, so that i can acess it, remove all the data i need to the master, and then format the slave to install windows on another pc.
    The problem is i can´t acess the place were the data is, it says acess refused...
    Isn´t there a way of retriving the data, on a windows enviroment to this pc? a program or something...its really important!
    Owmen

AntiOnline n00b
    hi Owmen

Happy Birthday

Which Verson of Windows is installed in the Secondary Disk , What is the File format of the Secondary disk.

Are you having problem accessing some folder or file/ or A particalar partation/ or the whole disk.

Hi!!!! Thanx

The version of windows is XP Professional ( Portuguese version.. ), and the file format is NTFS in both disk´s, i can acess other parts of the drive, such has programs, windows forlder etc..but the folder i whant to acess is at Documents and Settings, "My name", Os meus Documentos ( My Documents ) and then the folder were i have the data i whant to save in this hardrive.
    I dont know ( im no expert lol ) why i can acess the rest of the drive and not that part of it...do you have any ideia?
    Owmen

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

Your problem seems to be related to NTFS File Permissions. Take ownership of the files and folder you are not being to access. you will have to log in as Administrator to do that. If it dosent solve the ploblem let us know.

• Right-click the folder you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab, and then click OK on the Security message
    • Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
    • In the Name list, click your user name, Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group. If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, click to select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK. The following message appears, where folder name is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of:
    • You do not have permission to read the contents of directory folder name. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control?

• Click Yes.
    • Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and its contents.

You said you are using Xp Professional is the current OS XP professional because if it is you must disable Simple File Sharing. By default, Windows XP Professional uses Simple File sharing .

--Good Luck--