Thread: Know Thy Enemy- Virus Creation

Know Thy Enemy- Virus Creation

I found this a while back in some remote archive... it's called the Little Black Book of Computer Viruses. I've skimmed through bits and pieces of it, and over all, gained a better understanding of how viruses work.

I have been debating with myself for some time abouth whether or not to post this here, because some of the information contained here can be dangerous... the book was written in 1990, so it's not like there is anything new, and most of this stuff is already compensated for by current anti-virus software and new operating systems, so I don't really think it's all that dangerous. It won't do the script kiddies any good because there is nothing pre-compiled . And if you are stupid enough to try any of this on anything but a test system, you're beyond hope anyway.

From a security standpoint, it's always good to understand your enemy. From a forensics standpoint, knowing what you are looking at is useful also.

Anyway, if any of the mods feel this shouldn't be here, let me know and I'll delete it.

PART DEUX

Second part

Spread, infect, multiply, repeat. And of course you need a payload, but common. That is a pretty cool read though, thanks for posting it.

-Cheers-