Thread: I need opinions

I need opinions

After reading the complete Bastard Sys admin from michigan story I am inspire to write. I am wanting to write some cyber punk fiction. Would you all be interested in reading it? I was kinda thinking of making it like a fictional journal where I play the role of a hacker and record what is going on but also with some nararation so it would be a story but with journal. I also thought about just writing a storys I have the basis for his hardware and software.

Hardware-
    Desktop-
    2.4ghz CPU
    40gb hard drive (20gb Mandrake 9.2 and 20gb Windows XP pro)
    Plain old case
    512megs RAM
    17" LCD flat planel display monitor
    Old desktop- (just because)
    133mhz
    64mb ram
    4gb hd- Gentoo Linux
    crappy monitor
    Laptop-
    800mhz
    20gb hard drive- Slackware 9.0
    256megs ram
    wireless net connection

So thats what Ive got for the hardware aspect. Let me know of any changes I should make to make it seem more real.
    I was also thinking like the reason he has the nice comps and stuff is because his parents are rich and they bought him the computers to keep him out of their hair because they are always working. So he got a huge interest in computers.
    He would be 16yrs old and attend a private school. Despite being into computers so much he would have alot of friends and is pretty social.

Thats about all ive got ill write more probably later tonight. Let me know what you guys think and any comments are appreciated.

thanks
    kryptonic

You can also read them on The Register.

HUH?

Banned
    i would probably read the story, doesnt sound too bad, just dont make him too social..

Yea he wouldnt be really social like he would be hacking at night for late hours and rarely go out but like he wouldnt be a loner or anything.

Come on guys I see people are reading this can you guys please help with some feedback. It is greately appreciated.

Kryptonic

Banned
    Would also be appriciated if you'd use the edit button

Now i think everybody would be interested in reading a good hacker sotry, dont make it too technical, so that average users can read it too.

LOL ok edit button...wait i didnt use it ehhh well thanks for the feed back MemorY

Originally posted here by kryptonic
    HUH?
    clicky on here :
    http://www.google.com/search?q=bofh&...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

I think that it would be an excellent idea.
    I agree with MemorY don't make it to technical, as n00bies to the world of Computer Security will have trouble understanding what they are reading.
    So try to break the technical stuff down so that it's easy to understand.

But other then that Go for it

hopefully i'll have some reading material for those boring days at the Shop.

cheers
    f2b