Thread: Remove Download

AO French Antique News Whore

Remove Download

I just saw this thread http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=257397 and I want to suggest again to remove all the download from AO.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

AO French Antique News Whore

Remove Download

I just saw this thread http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=257397 and I want to suggest again to remove all the download from AO.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

it would be nice if the downloads were updated once in a while, the newest i found dated back to 2000... also the tutorials are nice, keep them on it....

it would be nice if the downloads were updated once in a while, the newest i found dated back to 2000... also the tutorials are nice, keep them on it....

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME FIX MY COMPUTER LET ME KNOW HOW. BECAUSE I HAVE ALOT OF IMPORTANT **** ON IT. THAT I'M GOING TO LOSE FOR TRUSTING THIS SITE.
    I would argue that he just learned tons about security, such as don't just go clicking on every file you see..

That stuff is so lod that any anti-virus worth it's salt is going to pick it up and delete it. I've had quite alot of fun with the 'specimens' in there, and I never hosed my system... for the most part, if one is careful, they are harmelss. The file name has "exploits" right in the path name.. as if that wasn't enough of a clue.

But I think maybe, since there is the potential for trouble, access to that area could be an earned site benifit? By the time a newbie has access there, they should have a good idea how to protect themselves. An experienced "newbie" wouldn't care, because they could probably find their samples elsewhere..

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME FIX MY COMPUTER LET ME KNOW HOW. BECAUSE I HAVE ALOT OF IMPORTANT **** ON IT. THAT I'M GOING TO LOSE FOR TRUSTING THIS SITE.
    I would argue that he just learned tons about security, such as don't just go clicking on every file you see..

That stuff is so lod that any anti-virus worth it's salt is going to pick it up and delete it. I've had quite alot of fun with the 'specimens' in there, and I never hosed my system... for the most part, if one is careful, they are harmelss. The file name has "exploits" right in the path name.. as if that wasn't enough of a clue.

But I think maybe, since there is the potential for trouble, access to that area could be an earned site benifit? By the time a newbie has access there, they should have a good idea how to protect themselves. An experienced "newbie" wouldn't care, because they could probably find their samples elsewhere..

Banned
    I moved his post from Roll Call to the Oops! A bug forum (since Roll Call posts can not be replied to).

We've had complaints before about software on AO containing viruses, but last time this happened, the file turned out to be legit...

Banned
    I moved his post from Roll Call to the Oops! A bug forum (since Roll Call posts can not be replied to).

We've had complaints before about software on AO containing viruses, but last time this happened, the file turned out to be legit...