Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scroll bar color

Question Scroll bar color

Ok, i did a search and i didnt find anything so... I was wondering what the html code was to change the color of the scroll bar on a web site. I thought i had seen it posted here before but i cant find it. If any one knows the way to change the color please fill me in i have a simple website that i think would look good with a green scrollbar. Thanks.

thanks i got what i need

this might help a real cool site for web design... check the pop-ups for other links
    www.braincode.com
    www.supremetemplates.com
    this two can give you basic approch on web designing... hope i help even little thin...

here's a small code for your reference:
    <STYLE>
    {scrollbar-base-color: #ffffff;
    scrollbar-track-color: #980008;
    scrollbar-face-color: #E52C35;
    scrollbar-highlight-color: black;
    scrollbar-3dlight-color: #BB0808;
    scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #760000;
    scrollbar-shadow-color: #F06666;
    scrollbar-arrow-color: #ffffff; }</STYLE>
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!

Scroll-bar styles are not part of the W3C specifications because they are IE proprietary mark-up and therefore will only work in IE.
    The reason they are not part of the specifications is because the W3C recognise that scroll-bars are part of the users graphical user interface and so changes to them may confuse some less savvy users.

I doubt that any of this will make you change your mind about using them but I needed to say it, humour me.
    I know the moment\'s near and there\'s nothing we can do
    look through a faithless eye are you afraid to die?

Websites I coded: www.fsg-uk.com | www.hackus.tk

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that if the user's browser does not support the colored scroll bar CSS then the browser's default scroll bar would appear. Right?
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Originally posted here by The Duck
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that if the user's browser does not support the colored scroll bar CSS then the browser's default scroll bar would appear. Right?
    Well that's pretty much what I said, any non-IE browser will display the scroll-bars as normal. What's your point though?

AFLAAACKKK!!
    You stated that it only works in IE, you did not state that in any other browser the default scroll bars would appear. I was just making sure that everyone knew about that. Changing Scroll bars will not hurt the appearance of your site if it's in another browser, unlike other changes to certain things.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Yes then, the scroll-bars will appear as normal in other browsers, however they will be altered in IE and they should not be. IE supports things that it shouldn't, IE doesn't support things that it should, IE supports most things incorrectly.

Scroll-bar styles fall into the first category.