Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: indecency?

indecency?

Ridicules?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040423/D824G0380.html

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - People who wear low-slung pants that expose skin or "intimate clothing" would face a fine of up to $500 and possible jail time under a bill filed by a Jefferson Parish lawmaker.

State Rep. Derrick Shepherd said he filed the bill because he was tired of catching glimpses of boxer shorts and G-strings over the lowered belt lines of young adults.

The bill would punish anyone caught wearing low-riding pants with a fine of as much as $500 or as many as six months in jail, or both.

"I'm sick of seeing it," said Shepherd, a first-term legislator. "The community's outraged. And if parents can't do their job, if parents can't regulate what their children wear, then there should be a law."

The bill would be tacked onto the state's obscenity law, which restricts sexual activity in public places and the sale of sexually explicit items.

Joe Cook, head of the American Civil Liberties Union's Louisiana chapter, said the bill probably does not meet the U.S. Supreme Court's standard for the prohibition of obscene behavior under the First Amendment.

"What about a woman who is wearing a bathing suit under her garment or she has something like a sarong wrapped around her and it's below her waist," he said. "I can think of a lot of workers, plumbers, who are working and expose their buttocks ..."

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

although I don’t share their feelings I support their right to define indecency in their community and as for people working with their hairy asses hanging out, they definitly need arresting :-)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Old Fart
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Regal Making Handler
    Yah hairy assed workers, we call it bricklayers clevage lock um up. It realy ain't what you want to see after a good meal.

Now a nicely shapped young lady showing a g-string, thats a different matter, that should be law.

Allenb, nice one lmao.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Originally posted here by allenb1963
    ROFLMAO
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Originally posted here by allenb1963
    Let's see... Two instances of "low-slung pants"...

That'll be $1000, Al.

Please remit payment to:

Rep. Derrick Shepherd
    House of Representatives
    P.O. Box 94062
    Baton Rouge, LA 70804
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

At the risk of sounding like a sick bastards...

I love those pants. This reminds me of thong bikinis when the south tried to outlaw them because people were hitting cars from the beach distraction. I say the law should be modified, if your waist is over 30 inches they are illegal.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

If you are sick roadclosed this is all I have to say about it. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Lol MURACU, you should see the sights littering my local cafe shop in the morning. Whew, I would hate to have that "disapear" in the face of legislation. Would be a sad day indeed.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Yeah with sites like that who needs caffine? I probably prefere seeing a bit less, in the picture it is a bit too visable. It is so much nicer stealing a glimpse. Still it wouldnt stop me drooling over her if she sat in front of me like that........
    then again there are two sides to everything..........
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

My plumber is awfully lucky that he doesn't work in BATON ROUGE.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!